Better Deal on Latex Mattress?

New member here, long time lurker.

I have read the “For You Mattress” sticky and researched Memory Foam and Latex mattress’. My wife and I decided we want a Latex mattress based on our research. While shopping for a mattress the first place we went to was Foam Sweet Foam and looked at the Urban Green 12" mattress. We liked that we can swap the layers around, hear you can get it split for his/her, it is highly praised, great warranty and a lot of info to help you choose what is comfortable for you.

The problem is what sites do I need to go to so I can compare apples to apples on the mattress alone? Here in Memphis, TN searching on the web I can’t seem to find someone with a all latex mattress, is there any stores nearby Memphis that we can test what one is like?

I think I have information overload and don’ know how to compare or which site to go to.

Thanks for any help.

Hi hofiveo,

Post #13 here has more information about the most important parts of the value of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

The tutorial post includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of these make component latex mattresses that provide the option to choose between different types of latex with various layer thickness and firmness options and that also have a wool quilted cover. Post #3 here may also be helpful. While none of them will be “exactly” the same or have exactly the same features or options … they can certainly be good reference points for comparisons based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that can help you make the most suitable choice and identify and minimize the risks involved with each of them in post #2 here.

The better options or possibilities in and around the Memphis area I’m aware of (subject to the value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix