Big price differences

Ok so I went to sleep essentials website to price out a queen latex firm mattress and an adjustable base. Being 6’1" and 260 lbs I want latex. It priced out at $3700 Their products seem good but pricey. So I then went to the latex mattress factory website and a queen latex mattress and adjustable base priced out at around $2200 that is a big difference. I know latex mattress factory uses dunlop latex so that would account for some of the price difference. I am not opposed to dunlop if it is a quality mattress and durable. Should I roll the dice and go with latex mattress factory and save a good chunk of money. Just don’t want to have regrets as I do have money for either one. Thanks for your input and Best Regards, Tim

Hey Tim,

When i get a moment i will take a look at @Latex_Mattress_Fact1 and compare to sleep essentials. While LMF does offer pre constructed latex mattress that are Dunlop, they also offer Talalay is you wanted to create your own mattress.

You also need to consider the adjustable base being offered. Adjustable bases can run into the 2-3k range depending on features, so you need to be assured you are comparing apples to apples.

You would be prudent to do a bit more research with each mattress side by side on your computer screen, then evaluate. Perhaps the equivalent mattress from @Latex_Mattress_Fact1 is still the more economical choice even when factoring in a dunlop and talalay combination, or an all talalay combination.

Just check both options side by side layer by layer first.

I will try to check back later, unless @Latex_Mattress_Fact1 comments before i get back.

Talk soon,

Maverick

Hi Tamoore and thanks for the inquiry! I think you’d be making a great choice going with Latex Mattress Factory, either with the queen Luxerion in all Dunlop, or a DIY mattress with a Talalay in Dunlop combination. My advice is to start with the Luxerion and if it works, great! If you find that you need more contour or pressure relief, you can always add a 2" or 3" Talalay topper and still end up saving money over the Sleep Essentials option.

1 Like

Don’t buy Latex For Less. Ours caved in badly less than a year after we bought it. We both have normal BMI. It was extremely well supportive. No help from the vendor. The reviews on Amazon confirm what I have written. Best of luck.