Brick and Mortar Sales

I’ve been doing quite a lot of research, reading many of the topic on this forum, and looking into different types of mattresses. This is a big purchase for me and I want to be sure that I’m putting my hard earned cash towards a reliable, comfortable, and quality product. As such, I’m attempting to “kick the tires” on the various bed types. I cant seem to locate a showroom in the Western Chicago Suburbs that has any Latex Mattresses. I went into the Back 2 Bed store yesterday and the salesman explained how the Latex beds essentially have no difference in feel and are actually just an old technology. I’m no expert but I’m confused about what he said. He went on to explain that the Memory Foam, specifically the Gel Infused Foams, were current technology and far surpass the quality and comfort any latex product could offer. It kind of makes sense, Gel Memory Foam is new and I have seen that Latex has been around a long time?? Is this just sales person talk to get me into a bed “no pun intended” or does this guy have a valid point? Any thoughts??

Hi santo101979,

The first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones (either mattresses or stores).

This type of complete misinformation is common in the mainstream industry and it’s quite likely that after you have spent an hour or two reading the tutorial post and the posts it links to that you will know much more meaningful information about mattresses and different materials than they do. They are just trying to “sell you” a story so that they can make a sale.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Chicago area are listed in posts #2 and #4 here but I would start with My Green Mattress / Quality Sleep who sell latex mattresses, will give you more accurate information, and will “educate you” much more than “sell you”. They are also one of the invited manufacturing members here which means that I think very highly of them and compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, and service.

Phoenix