Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever

Just ordered my #bestmattressever and I’m excited. I’ve bought more mattresses than I care to admit over the past 20 years and usually HATE shopping for them. Salespeople always seem more pushy than knowledgable, and it’s impossible to compare from one store to the next. About a year ago, I ordered an inexpensive DreamFoam Bedding 12-in-1 customizable online, and although it was really comfortable for awhile, the softer layer of polyfoam is now giving out. Hoping the higher density foam along with the 4" of latex in the #bestmattressever are as durable as everyone says.

Ordering was really simple and quick. I used the chat button a couple days ago, and today (Saturday) called and spoke with Keaton who was quite helpful and friendly. Used the “underground” 5% off coupon and Keaton also said he would throw in some pillows.

Also want to say “thanks” to this site - I read dozens of posts (many by Phoenix) over the past few days to help make my decision and feel better informed about this purchase than any previous mattress purchase. Will update after I get my mattress.

Hi 10knotshot,

Thanks for the feedback and for letting us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

While the 2 lb polyfoam in the 12 in 1 customizable is a good quality material (in its budget range especially) … it’s possible that the soft layer was “on the edge” of being too soft for you so that even “normal” foam softening over time was enough to take you outside the comfort/support range that is suitable for you (see post #2 here). Since it’s a component mattress you could replace the soft layer with either a firmer layer of good quality polyfoam or even a layer of latex and you would have a mattress that you could use as a spare or as a guest mattress.

The latex comfort layers in the BestMattressEver would be more durable than the polyfoam in your 12 in 1 customizable.

Phoenix

Just ordered my #BestMattressEver. Now I am hoping for the #BestSleepEver. Got the Black Friday promos 5%off and 2 free pillows. Thanks for all the info!

Cheers
RC

Hi rcraft63,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a great quality/value choice and like the other members here that have purchased it I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it as well.

Phoenix

I ordered a soft Best Mattress ever and have been sleeping on it for about a month. I’m having shoulder pain since I am a side sleeper. I did not have shoulder pain on my old memory foam mattress. Brooklyn Bedding is sending me a memory foam topper for my mattress. Has anyone else tried the soft Best Mattress Ever with a memory foam topper?

Hi abbygrant,

If your mattress is too firm then a topper can certainly be an effective way to add some additional softness and pressure relief although there is always some risk and uncertainty involved in adding a topper if you haven’t tested the combination in person each person is unique and the specifics of the mattress and topper itself along with your own body type, sleeping position, preferences, and what you are used to sleeping on can affect which specific topper would be a suitable choice for any particular person on any specific mattress.

I would be very cautious about using other people’s reviews or experiences on a topper (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how suitable or how soft or firm it may feel to you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress/topper combination that would be a perfect choice for one person may not work out nearly as well for someone else (see post #13 here).

Having said all that … the most likely reason for shoulder pain is a mattress that is too firm and a memory foam topper would certainly add some additional softness and pressure relief to your mattress so the odds are in your favor but again the only way to know whether you will sleep well on the combination will be based on your own personal experience.

It’s also possible that shoulder pain can be a pillow issue and it may also be worthwhile trying a different pillow that keeps your head and neck in good alignment to see if it helps as well…

I’m looking forward to finding out how the topper works out for you.

Phoenix

We have had the mattress now for a couple of weeks and are happy with our purchase. The order shipped quickly, the mattress took very little time to fill out its shape after taking out of the box, and there was no unpleasant smell that can sometime happen with new mattresses. The materials are good quality, it is comfortable to sleep on, and we feel better rested after a night’s sleep on this mattress than we ever did on our previous one. My husband used to get really hot on top of our memory foam topper and he doesn’t with this latex mattress.

All in all, a great purchase!

Hi kzolling,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update.

It’s great to hear that your choice turned out well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

uggghh my mattress was supposed to be here Friday but FedEx didnt show…so now maybe today. I was hoping to offer a sleep update by now.

aaand it finally showed. It lacks about 1" maybe from expanding to the full width (height is fine) of our support after only 1 hour. There is no smell and it was easy to unpack.

i keep trying to add pics but they never show up

Hi cablebandit,

I’m glad your mattress arrived :slight_smile:

Your pictures may be larger than the forum attachment limits (see the help page here). If you reduce the size of the image you should be able to attach them to your post but if you are still having trouble then you can email the pictures to me at the contact address (top right of the page) and I can attach them to your post for you.

Phoenix

Hi everyone, I’m new to this Forum. Phoenix, thank you so much for all the great information. Right now my husband and I are looking at the Brooklyn Bedding BME. Looks pretty solid and has all the right density parameters. Will let you know when we are going to make that leap!

Hi Crow 22,

As you probably know from your reading here you are certainly looking at a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding once you pull the trigger.

Phoenix

Personally I don’t think you can go wrong with the BME if you know you like the feel of a Latex/Foam hybrid mattress, the BME has a very high quality to price/value ratio.

The tricky part would be to know which firmness is best suited for your body type, weight and sleeping position since the BME is not sold at retail stores and similar setups are still only a guess of how the BME would actually feel in person.

Hi Everyone - just want you to know I love the Best Mattress Ever by Brooklyn Bedding. I’m an average 55 year old woman with a 9 to 5 and 2 dogs. I have to say with all the lengthy, glowing reviews about this mattress I was a little skeptical but no more. First it is pretty cool to see your bed expand after you take off the plastic (my first experience with a bed being delivered this way). As I have no issues with change I had no break in period - as soon as my head hit my pillow I took an involuntary 4 hour nap - it was like I fell asleep on a cloud. A latex mattress has a different feel - but it doesn’t. It"s firm but is isn’t. Its hard to describe it - even though it’s firm it also feels like it’s gently pushing you up - supporting you in all the rights places. I wake up and don’t have the normal aches and pains I had on my innerspring mattress. Not that all my aches and pains magically disappeared since I still have to sit in my chair at work or my couch - I just don’t have them when I wake up now since I’m getting the proper support. Even my dog who wakes up with the sun can’t get me up early any more! Another big reason to love my Brooklyn Bedding mattress! This company offers a 120 night free trial and I was glad they did but so didn’t need this. I needed help with the firmness level since this was my first latex mattress and Mario is so responsive - I like really rock hard beds but at 55 what was once comfortable in your 20s is no longer comfortable - so I wanted really firm with a little cushion - he suggested I get the medium since latex is naturally pretty firm & for my personal taste it is exactly what I wanted my bed to feel like. I also got a latex pillow from them and it is the perfect blend of comfy, squishy and supportive. Brooklyn Bedding offers such a quality product - I just can’t express how glad I am that I found Brooklyn Bedding and that I own their Best Mattress Ever!

Hi Jane Loves Brooklyn Bedding,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you certainly made a great quality/value choice and it’s great to hear that your mattress worked out so well for you.

Phoenix

I also just ordered a BB medium king, anxiously waiting for shipment.

Over the past 6 months I’ve gone from looking at memory foam mattresses at Costco due to their excellent return policy, but was concerned about sagging or softening after a couple years from experience with same brand toppers. I was looking at the Serafina based on CReports which I now see was a blind recomendation. Then I started looking at traditional beautyrest mattresses at Sears because of the familiar feel and giving up on finding something better. I figured i could try one out in store and buy from one of the many sales at usmattress, but didn’t want to end up with the same body impressions current mattress has after a few years. Finally I started looking at online stores such as tuft and needle and the overall positive reviews. I might have bought a t&n with the amex offer if I had seen it earlier in November, but in the back of my head I was thinking about some of overly firm comments with the one size fits all model.

My wife heard an ad on the radio for BB and that started the research on latex mattresses and the quality of materials being used.

The only thing I don’t understand with BB is their 10yr, 1.5" body impression warranty. That 1.5" seems a little high compared to other online retailers and sounds like way beyond failure of top layer, possible haggling point to fix a defect.

Hi all,
I just wanted to thank everyone here for their comments and information, especially to Phoenix for all the helpful tips and this site in general.

After researching my options I have decided to order a BME from Brooklyn Bedding. Spoke with Mario yesterday and my wife and I will go with a medium (primarily back sleepers, I’m 185lb. and my wife about 140lb.) I will attempt to update this thread with a review after I’ve had it for awhile.

Interesting comment by JW above ^^^, Most people haven’t had this mattress for long, but it would be interesting to see what, if any, sagging occurs over a few years time. This forum is great, but one of its minor shortcomings is most folks will buy their mattress and then never visit this forum again. It would be nice to have access to long term reviews, but I can see how that’s difficult to achieve.

Thanks again, everyone!

Charles

Hi JW,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

The depth of a warranty exclusion can vary depending on the materials and components in a mattress’ design. With mattresses that have a cover that is quilted with either natural or synthetic fibers or with quilting foam the most common warranty exclusions are in the range of 1.5" - 2" because the exclusion needs to take into account that quilting materials can also compress to some degree over time…

Mattresses that don’t have a quilted cover and that use high quality materials in the top layer such as latex or good quality memory foam usually have a warranty exclusion that is .75" - 1".

While a warranty is important to guard against manufacturing defects in the materials or components inside a mattress that can happen on rare occasions … I would also keep in mind that mattress warranties only cover manufacturing defects and they don’t cover the gradual (or more rapid in the case of lower quality comfort layers) loss of comfort and support that comes from foam softening that is the main reason that most people will need to replace their mattress. In other words warranties have little to do with the durability or useful life of a mattress or how long it may be until you will need to buy a new one. If there is an actual defect in the materials it will usually show up early in the life of the mattress but knowing the quality and durability of the materials in your mattress is always a much more reliable way to assess the durability and useful life of a mattress than the length of a warranty. There is more about mattress warranties in post #174 here.

While there is no way to quantify how long any mattress will last for a specific person or predict exactly when you will decide to replace it because it is no longer suitable or comfortable for you (because this is the only real measure of durability or the useful life of a mattress that really matters) because there are too many unknowns and variables involved that are unique to each person … if a mattress is well inside a suitable comfort/support range and isn’t close to the edge of being too soft when it is new (see post #2 here) and you have confirmed that it meets the minimum quality/durability specs that are suggested in the guidelines here (which your mattress exceeds) then it would be reasonable to expect a useful lifetime in the range of 7 - 10 years and with higher quality and more durable materials like latex or higher density memory foam or polyfoam (in the comfort layers especially) it would likely be in the higher end of the range or even longer and the chances that you would have additional “bonus time” would be higher as well.

Phoenix

quick question regarding the free latex pillows I’ve seen mentioned in this thread. How do you go about getting those? Is it a limited promotion or do you have to mention this site?