Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver vs Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Eurotop

I’m currently debating between these two mattresses. I’ve tried the Nest Bedding Love Bed in person as it is available locally, and I am convinced that I like the Firm mattress or their Firm + 1" foam topper which sits in between a Medium and a Firm.

I am a back sleeper and my experience has been with firm mattresses.

My understanding is that these beds are all made by Brooklyn Bedding so these mattresses should be pretty similar. Ultimately, with online shops though, it’s tough to say until I try them in person.

I’m excited that BME has a 120 day trial policy, but DreamFoam has a return fee which makes me a little hesitant. My questions are as follows:

1. Has anyone tried BME vs DreamFoam Eurotop? Any comments on the difference in feeling?

2. In a spec comparison, it seems the Eurotop is 2" thicker in the foam support layer, but the BME has 1" more of latex as well as a dual layer 2" latex comfort layer. How would that translate to in terms of experience?

Hi sleep4lyfe,

I certainly wouldn’t assume that two mattresses would be similar because they are made by the same manufacturer because they can have very different designs.

You are certainly looking at two great quality/value choices and hopefully any of the members here that have tried both mattresses will see your post and share their comments (although they may have tried different firmness options than the ones you are considering and your experience on a specific mattress or your thoughts about how two mattresses compare to each other may also be very different from someone else).

In the meantime … some of the information in post #2 here may be helpful.

Phoenix

While this is fair, if we look at the Nest vs Dreamfoam, essentially it’s 6 vs 8 inches of foam + 3" of latex on top. Certainly there can be variations, but isn’t the general feel going to be similar? They may be differently calibrated in terms of firmness depending on the latex ILD for instance, but are the designs that different?

The BME inserts 2 layers of latex, and so that may be a bit different, but in the end it’s latex over foam. The basic feel should be pretty similar. It won’t be worlds apart like sleeping on a memory foam mattress where you have motion isolation.

Ultimately I know it depends on feel, and if I had all the space and money in the world I’d buy 3 of them, set them up in a room and bounce around bed to bed… but alas that’s not possible :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi sleep4lyfe,

They are in the same basic category (latex/polyfoam hybrids) but there are hundreds or even thousands of mattresses in each different mattress category in a wide range of “feels” and firmness levels and with different designs that can feel and perform very differently from each other.

While testing a range of mattresses in a particular category can give you a broad sense of the type of materials or the type of mattresses you tend to prefer in very general terms … it probably won’t tell you whether a specific mattress in the same category that you haven’t tested in person that has a different design or a different combination of materials and components or different types and blends of latex will be a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences)

There is more information in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting materials) will affect the feel and performance of every other layer and component and the mattress “as a whole” so unless you are able to find another mattress that uses exactly the same type of materials, components, cover, layer thicknesses, layer firmnesses, and overall design (which would be very unlikely) then there really isn’t a way to match one mattress to another one in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP based on the specifications of the mattresses (even assuming that you can find out all the specifications you would need for both mattresses you are comparing).

Mattress manufacturers or in some cases retailers that have their own private label mattresses generally try to differentiate their mattress from the mattresses made by other manufacturers and don’t normally try to “match” another mattress that is made by a different manufacturer so unless a manufacturer specifically says in their description of a mattress that one of their mattresses in the same general category is specifically designed to “match” or “approximate” another one in terms of firmness or “feel” and PPP and/or they are very familiar with both mattresses and can provide reliable guidance about how they compare based on the “averages” of a larger group of people that have compared them (different people may have very different opinions about how two mattresses compare) … the only reliable way to know for certain how two mattresses that have different designs would compare for you in terms of how they “feel” or in terms of firmness or PPP would be based on your own careful testing or actual sleeping experience on both of them.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix