Brooklyn Bedding discount question

Hello, I am considering getting the ultimate dreams latex mattress on amazon. I would also like to get the simple life foundation through Brooklyn Bedding. Would I still get the 5% discount from Brooklyn Bedding for the foundation or does that just apply to a mattress. Id also like to know if a full size mattress requires a center support. Thank You!! :slight_smile:

Hi Heidi,

The discount is for the mattress only … not any peripherals.

Most manufacturers don’t “require” center support for a full size mattress (you can check with the manufacturer to make certain) so in most cases no but it can still be a good idea for heavier mattresses or heavier people.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. This has been a such a great and informative site for me. I appreciate it! :slight_smile: From all my research I know you would recommend the mattress, now all i have to do is figure out what comfort level to get.

Hi Heidi,

They are very good at helping their customers choose a comfort level on the phone or chat. The more information you can provide them about your body type, sleeping positions, preferences, and the mattresses that you have tended to do best with in the past or with any local testing you have done the more you will help them to help you make the best possible choice.

You are certainly looking in a great direction … but I think you already knew that :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Im definitely leaning towards a 5 or 6. Prob a 5. I prefer firmer with slight cushiness on top. I am all over the place when i sleep but i am mostly a stomach sleeper, some side. I will talk with Dreamfoam when i am ready to purchase. If anyone on this site has a 5 or 6… any input would be great. Thanks.

I have a modified 5. Since I have two of the Aloe Alexis mattresses I am currently using two slices of 28 ILD to make a 5.5 level.
I side sleep – which needs softness. My wife stomach sleeps which needs firmness but she can tolerate my 5.5 Frankenstein.

Note: I started with a level 3 but could only sleep on my back because it was too firm for side sleeping (others may disagree).

would you say the 5 is firm enough for stomach sleeping. id rather go firmer than softer, if its too firm i can soften it up if need be. i do like a slight cush on top tho. just dont wanna sink. so the 5 is around a 28…

Hi Heidi,

I would keep in mind that different people can have a very different experience on the same mattress. What is too soft for one person can be too firm for the next even if they have a similar body type and sleeping positions. In most cases a manufacturer will have a much wider range of knowledge, experience, about their mattresses and feedback with thousands of their customers so they are in a much better position to help you choose which of their mattresses or comfort levels will have the best chance of success than a consumer that is only familiar with the mattress that they purchased (although jefmoody is certainly more knowledgeable than most)

The better the information you can provide them on the phone or chat about your body type, sleeping positions, preferences, any special considerations (such as health conditions or issues) and some of your history about mattresses you have slept on or tested and liked … the better you will help them to help you make the best possible choice.

Phoenix