Brooklyn Bedding has changed materials

Hi PackerBackerCH,

You’re very welcome and good luck in your research. I’ll do my best to answer any future questions you may have.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=74503]Hi Kbxy88,

My first suggestion would be to keep with your current configuration and see if you continue to adjust to it, as it has been a short time still with this new mattress. My concern would be that if you went with the 14 ILD the bed actually would feel hard, for the reasons I mentioned previously. It may be that you end up choosing a slightly firmer (yet still plush) upper layer from the 19 ILD, but I wouldn’t rush to that choice, and if you do end up making a change I would consult with the people at Dreamfoam before making any decision.

Regarding the quilt panel, it is normal for some small wrinkles in a loose top quilt in a component-style system, so I wouldn’t have a concern with the photo you provided.

Phoenix[/quote]

I wanted to pick your brain about this as I’ve hit my 30 days. The mattress is actually really great, but at times I still wish for it to be softer. I’ve though about how it might have been if I’d gotten the mattress that had the 6"(2x3") of Talalay. I’ve spoken to DF and they said I can try out the exchangeable latex layer as long as I want and will refund me once one is returned.

Do you have any thoughts if I went with a 10 ontop of a 9? I know you said going with the 10 alone may feel even firmer because I will feel the base layer even more. What are your thoughts if I tried those layers together to see if I don’t “Feel” the base layer that way?

Hi Kbxy88,

Just to make sure I’m understanding your thoughts correctly, are you considering adding a 14 ILD latex topper on top of your current mattress configuration? If that is the case, this would probably be a better option to add “just a bit” of extra plushness, as opposed to replacing the 19 ILD layer within your mattress with the 14 ILD, as right now you seem to be sleeping well. Adding a 2" ultra plush latex topper will be a way to add a bit more plushness, and adding a 3" layer can increase the plushness considerably more, increasing the depth of your “comfort cradle”. My main concern with this route would be if you ended up with too much comfort material that allowed you to sink in too deeply and negatively impacting your alignment, but with the option that Dreamfoam is providing it seems to be a nice way to experiment and try things out.

Let me know if I was correct with my assumption, or if you were considering another arrangement.

Phoenix