Brooklyn Bedding Palazzo

I was in a R&S Mattress store today which sells Brooklyn Bedding. They have a 13" Brooklyn Bedding Palazzo for $1599 and I was wondering if this is the same as the 13" Cool Luxe on their website. I don’t see the Palazzo model on their website and thought maybe it was called the Cool Luxe now. I was also wondering how this compares to the 13" Ultimate Dreams from Dreamfoam Bedding. Are the densities / qualities of the layers better in the Brooklyn Bedding line than in the Dreamfoam line. Any help is appreciated.

Hi jdsouthpaw,

Probably not. The mattresses they carry at R&S are different from their Dreamfoam or Brooklyn Bedding mattresses.

I don’t know the specifics of the Palazzo so I don’t know how it would compare to any of their other mattresses. You would need to find out the specifics of the materials for any mattress you are considering to make any meaningful comparisons with other mattresses (see this article).

It depends on which specific mattress you are referring to because there are a range of mattress designs and materials in both but post #4 here includes some general comments about both of them.

Phoenix

Okay, the Palazzo mattress I saw at R&S said Brooklyn Bedding on the quilted cover but I didn’t realize that they carried a different lineup than on the website. When I asked the manager about the makeup of the bed, he pulled up the Cool Luxe on the BB website and explained the layers. Maybe it’s the same composition but branded different for the store model. When I asked him what the difference was between the BB Palazzo and the Ultimate Dreams Gel he looked up the composition and said the Ultimate Dreams Gel seemed very similar but he would find out any specific differences and get back to me. I had read on here that the BB line may use higher density foam in their base layer than the Dreamfoam line but without being able to find the Palazzo model on their website, I wasn’t sure. Has anyone had any experience with the Brooklyn Bedding Palazzo cuz I’m itching to pull the trigger?

Hi jdsouthpaw,

I’m not familiar with it no but perhaps one of the members here that has purchased it and knows the specifics of what is inside it will see your post. Of course failing that they should be able to find out and let you know.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. Hopefully one of the members here will know about that bed. Either way, after laying on it I was impressed. It felt just as plush as the Tempur Pedic Cloud Luxe. I’m sure the UD Gel from Dreamfoam would be a great choice too. I appreciate you trying to help out as I’m new to memory foam beds. I have been reading up on all the reviews on both Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Bedding and I’m sure either would be a fantastic purchase.

Hi jdsouthpaw,

While reviews can provide some information about the knowledge and service of a company (and they are sister companies that both have great quality, value, and service) and can even give you some generic information about how some people “feel” on a mattress … I would be very cautious about using them as a way to choose a mattress (see post #13 here).

No matter what the quality or price of a mattress … what works perfectly for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on and I would make sure that when you are choosing a mattress that you do some careful and objective testing using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post to make sure it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (not just based on a more subjective sense of “comfort”). If you are considering one of their online mattresses that you can’t test in person then I would make sure that you have a more detailed conversation or chat with Dreamfoam or Brooklyn Bedding about your specific needs and preferences so that you have some confidence that the mattress you are considering is a good match for you both in terms of PPP and in terms of durability (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Based on most of the feedback I’ve seen … the Ultimate Dreams 13" gel memory foam mattress approximates the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe in terms of comfort/pressure relief and support/alignment for most people except it may be just a bit firmer so if you’ve tested the Cloud Luxe carefully and it works well for you then it would be a very good option to consider.

Phoenix

First, I want to thank Phoenix for the insight and all the help he tries to provide to the members here. I have been reading up on this forum and visiting a few stores to try many different memory foam and latex mattresses lately and I couldn’t believe some of the price points of these name brand beds. I heard about Brooklyn Bedding and Dreamfoam Bedding (which are affiliated) through this forum and have read many reviews and comments from members here and was impressed. After calling Brooklyn Bedding and talking with a very friendly sales manager about their mattresses and what would best fit my wife and I ( I am 6’1" 225lbs and my wife is 5’7" and slightly over 160lbs), we are definitely leaning towards the 13" Cool Luxe memory foam mattress. It consists of multiple layers (top->bottom): 4-way Stretch Cotton Mattress Cover, 3" 4lb Gel-Infused Memory Foam, 2.5" 5lb Memory Foam, 7.5" of 2.17lb BB HD Foam Core. He said the BB Palazzo model we had layed on in the R&S store should have the same feel, but he could not say for sure that it was constructed exactly the same. I also found out that Brooklyn Bedding is offering no tax, free shipping, a free metal foundation with the purchase of any bed over $1,000, and you can get two free pillows by liking their Facebook page. Wow, talk about a good way to promote a fan base. With all the positive things I’ve heard about them and their product from others here on the forum, I feel that we can’t go wrong with the decision. Thanks again for helping where you could.

Hi jdsouthpaw,

As you probably know … the Cool Luxe uses the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe as a reference point for comfort/pressure relief and support/alignment and if you have done some careful and objective testing on the Cloud Luxe and it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP then it would certainly make a good choice. As you also probably know … I think highly of Brooklyn Bedding and they are a member here which means I believe they compete well with the best in the industry.

The Cool Luxe also has the benefit of having a great return policy and while it’s never the ideal outcome … it’s always nice to know that if your choice doesn’t work out as well as you hoped based on your actual sleeping experience that you still have good options available after a purchase.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix