Build a bed

Hi chrischaos,

The better options I’m aware of in the Winnipeg area are included in post #2 here and includes one of the manufacturing members of this site (which means that I believe they are among the best quality/value in the country).

I talked with Randy at Heart Bedding over a year ago but for some reason didn’t include them in the Winnipeg list (now corrected). They seemed to me to be clearly what I call mattress people and he told me they could build anything you wanted and they would be well worth including in your research there.

Brooklyn Bedding (Dreamfoam on Amazon is their brand name) is also one of the members of this site which means that I also consider them to be in the “best value in the country” range. A forum search on “Ultimate Dreams” will bring up a lot of comments and feedback about them including many of my own.

The mattresses they are now making have only been out for a little over a year and it would be rare that someone comes back a year or more after any mattress purchase to talk about it (although it does happen occasionally. If you know the materials in a mattress though … no matter who puts the materials in a cover and adds their label to it … you will have a good idea of the quality and durability of the mattress. Dreamfoam is transparent about all the materials in their mattress (as all better quality manufacturers are) and use high quality and durable materials in all their mattresses. This is especially true of the comfort layers which are the weak link of most mattresses.

Just in case you haven’t read it … post #1 here and the information it links to is perhaps the most important post in the forum and has a lot more information about the different types of materials that are used in mattresses and how to know which are good quality. It may also help you understand why your pillowtop may be failing (lower quality materials in the comfort layers) and how to make sure that your next mattresses doesn’t have the same “weak link”.

Phoenix