Calling Out for Help : Saatva Firm Mattress Owners

All Saatva Firm Mattress Owners:

I am thinking of buying Saatva’s “Firm” Mattress (King). I have read many reviews about Luxury Firm Mattress but didnt see many reviews about their Firm Mattress.
I need a mattress that is firm where my body doesnt sink into it. I know all Saatva mattresses have Eurotop so I was wondering if the Firm mattress owners have experienced that their mattress is too soft? After using for couple of months/years, has your Firm mattress became soft/saggy?

I would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mattress Seeker

Hi mattressseeker,

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Post #1 here has more information and an analysis of the Saatva mattresses and a forum search on Saatva (you can just click the link) will also bring up much more information and feedback about them as well.

For most people they would be a “better than average” choice compared to most mainstream mattresses (most of which aren’t particularly good quality or value) but they may not be the “best” choice available for the members of this forum that are a little more knowledgeable and are much more aware of the many other good quality/value choices available to them that compete well with the best in the industry.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply Phoenix …
I need to buy a firm mattress (king) … dont care much about different techniques like coil on coil, foam/latex etc. as long as it can hold up its firmness for 5-8 years. My price range is $1000 to $1500 (max) so is there any brand/style that you would recommend.
Other forum members are welcomed to chyme in as well :slight_smile:

Hi mattressseeker,

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to tell you which mattress may be best for you out of all of the many thousands of mattresses that are available in the market based on “theory at a distance”. Nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress and a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on and what is “too firm” for one person may be “too soft” for the next (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

It would be similar to someone asking what type of clothes would be “best” to wear and all the answers you would get would only be each person’s personal preferences that may have little relevance to you.

Having said that … the tutorial post includes links to several lists of some of the better online choices I’m aware of that all compete well with the best in the industry (it’s in the "optional online step) and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

Phoenix

My zip code is 16509.
Do you know if this company is good? http://www.jamestownmattress.com/

Hi mattressseeker,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Erie, PA area are listed in post #313 here (including Jamestown Mattress).

You can see my comments about them in the Erie list and in post #4 here. I think highly of them and they would certainly be worth a visit. A forum search on Jamestown (you can just click the link) will also bring up more information and feedback about them.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix … I will definitely check Jamestown Mattresses out. Since they are privately owned store, do you think if price negotiation is an option?

Hi mattressseeker,

You will usually pay more for a mattress at stores that play the game of “fake sales” or “negotiable prices” because they just inflate their prices and then “allow” their customers to “negotiate” part of the higher markup back again so they will “feel good” about paying higher prices and the “deal” they think they received. Better stores (like Jamestown) sell their mattresses at their best price every day of the year and rarely have “sales” and when they do they are for smaller discounts. There is more about “negotiated prices” in post #6 here.

Of course it never hurts to ask “is that your best price?” :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I have a Saatva as well, it’s a good mattress, but mostly I just liked not needing to go haggle with those sleezy mattress store guys haha. I’ve had it for two years, so far so good.