Can I use this as foundation for Natural dunlop latex mattress?

Can I use queen rhapsody foundation in split- 2 pieces format that tempurpedic sells, for a natural dunlop latex mattress? Thanks

Hi richardb,

There’s no doubt that the Tempurpedic foundation would be strong enough.

It has a solid surface rather than a slatted surface though so if you are one of those who wants maximum ventilation and breathability (better humidity control) then you could also add something like a this bed rug in between the mattress and the foundation or one of the slat conversions here (which has no flex at all) or even one of the Ikea slatted bed bases here (which has some flex which may change how the mattress feels and performs) could work well and could also increase ventilation under the mattress for those who have a solid surface under their mattress.

Phoenix

I clicked on the rug in your post Phoenix and it took me to savvyrest web site and I got this from that:

The bed rug is a one-inch mat made of coconut fiber (coir) impregnated with natural latex. The bed rug is porous and allows air to circulate between the bottom of a mattress and a platform bed’s surface. It is strongly recommended for breathability under any foam mattress on a solid-platform bed. Where inadequate air circulation is a concern, a bed rug may be advisable on a slatted platform.

We recommend adding two bed rugs under any mattress placed on the floor–or in any environment where moisture or excess humidity are a concern–for better air circulation.

Note: King bed rugs are two 38" x 80" pieces. Queens are two 30" x 80" pieces. (California King is not available.)

My questions are:

1. First the split queen rhapsody foundation is 2 pieces and this Rug in queen size is also 2 pieces. 30 by 80 each piece.
    So would that leave a gap in the middle of the queen foundation that is in 2 pieces?
    If so would that cause the latex mattress to dip in the middle.

2. Also I wanted to ask a question unrelated to rug. Which is would placing the queen size dunlop mattress on a queen foundation in split 2 pieces cause the latex mattress to sag/dip in the middle somewhat?

3. As you see the description on the Rug page says it is for Foam mattress. But Mine would a dunlop latex mattress. So is that okay?

4. I see that the Rug has no cover. As much as I can gauge from photo of rug on web site. It is made up of fibers and looks rough. Can this cause any damage to the Dunlop latex mattress on the bottom mainly?

5. Would putting the dunlop latex mattress on the rug cause it to act somewhat off balance? I mean be unstable?

6. is this Rug available in a retail store that sells Savvyrest mattresses?

Thanks Phoenix. You are very helpful.

Hi richardb,

[quote]1. First the split queen rhapsody foundation is 2 pieces and this Rug in queen size is also 2 pieces. 30 by 80 each piece. So would that leave a gap in the middle of the queen foundation that is in 2 pieces?
If so would that cause the latex mattress to dip in the middle.[/quote]

No … they will butt up against each other. Any tiny gap in between will not be an issue (just like a slatted platform where the slats are less than 3" apart are fine).

No. If anything … the two edges of each foundation where they meet in the middle will be stronger than the rest of the foundation.

Latex is a foam just like memory foam and polyfoam (the 3 main types of foam). Savvy Rest sells Dunlop and Talalay latex mattresses and the accessories they sell would work for their mattresses or any other foam mattress.

No … it is made of rubber coated fibers and they will be fine.

No … it is very firm. It is meant to add a firm layer of a breathable material under the mattress to improve ventilation only.

This I don’t know. Not every Savvy Rest outlet carries every Savvy Rest product so phoning them would be the best wa to find out.

Phoenix