Can't get my mattress configured properly. Help

So I went the route of building my own mattress a few months back. The configuration is as follows:
3" Soft Tallalay
2" Medium Dunlop
2" HD36
1" HD 36
2" Super LUX HD
2" Super LUX HD

Wrapped in a bamboo zippered cover. For a total of around 12". I went withtiple layers to low me to configure it more if need be.

So when I first put it all together and slept on it the first night it was super hard. Slept on it a few more nights an just couldn’t take it. So I removed the bottom 2 LUX layers and that made a world of difference it was soft just like the Tallalay felt but the mattress was unstable and had no base support. So I added 1 layer of the 2" LUX back to the bottom. Again I could feel it had much better support but what is odd is the soft tallay on top is no longer soft an feels like it has no give.

So what would you recommend to still get the softness of the top late layers but still have the support on the bottom. It is on a adjustable bed that is solid slats.

To add I have about 12" of high quality memory foam that I can slice into layers of whatever you thickness if you think j adding that in anywhere would help.

I like the feel of memory foam but due to heat and u slowly sinking in through out the night is why I switched to latex. So was considering putting my 2 layers of latex then a layer of memory foam an finally finish it off with the he HD36 foam an not using the lux. Do you think this is a good idea or have a better recommendation? Thanks!

There are many variables and many things to consider, such as your height, your weight, your sleeping preferences, the type of cover you have on the mattress, the thickness of that cover, which layers are inside the cover and which are outside of the cover, and more. Would you mind providing that information so that I can make a more detailed recommendation?

Thomas Bradshaw
Latex Mattress Factory
1-800-637-0872

It’s just a basic cover. Maybe has a inch of cotton on the top. The rest is just bare material. It really doesn’t add anything to the mattress but a way to get it all in once piece

Hi Twoods196,

It’s quite odd that the mattress feels to hard with 3" of soft Talalay as your top comfort layer.
Here’s my suggestion to you:
3" Soft Talalay
2" Memory Foam
2" Medium Dunlop
1" HD 36
2" Super LUX HD
2" Super LUX HD

or
3" Soft Talalay
2" Medium Dunlop
2" Memory Foam
1" HD 36
2" Super LUX HD
2" Super LUX HD

Our Customizable Presto Mattress is also made of loose layers, and all of our customers find the comfort they seek by re-arranging the layers and sleeping on them for a few nights. Please note that our bodies can take up to a few weeks to get use to a new sleep surface.

Keep experimenting, you’ll get it right eventually,

All the best

The medium dunlop could be the culprit here. Have you tried removing that?