Care to share about switching from Springs to All Latex?

Since I’m so used to springs, I paid a manufacturer to make me a bed with bonnell coils and 4" of latex foam. However after 12 days of them stalling and not truly knowing what latex they get from Mountaintop, I asked them to please refund us.

In the meantime, the upside is I learned a lot here and elsewhere. I am considering a very good manufacturer who is a member of this site who had a superb wealth of information to share. He’s got good natural latex and I really want to give him my business.

However he doesn’t do springs - only all latex.

He says some people need a number of weeks to get used to latex. Can anyone explain to me how all-latex feels different? He sells his in layers. Of course I know I need to try the right firmness etc for me, but in general why does it “feel” so different? Or does it?

Thanks in advance for any experience you’re willing to share.

Hi LookingNow,

There is more about the response of springs vs latex in post #2 here but there are so many versions of innerspring mattresses and latex mattresses that it’s not possible to generalize too much about how a whole category of mattresses feels when there are so many versions of each. In general terms an innerspring is more “springy” and “bouncy” and responds to pressure and movement differently than latex.

The best way to know the general difference would probably be to test some mattresses of both types locally so you could feel the differences for yourself.

Phoenix

I agree, Phoenix. I tried it and it felt the comfortable to me. I probably will ask the man at the store to tell me if my spine is aligned while I’m lying on it and will really take the time I need.

I appreciate all your help and will report my experience about the manufacturer for those looking in MA.

Hi LookingNow,

I’m looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

A forum search on Spindle (you can just click this) will also bring up some great comments and feedback about their knowledge, patience, and the kind of service you can expect there :).

Phoenix