CBH Wood Furniture~ The Mattress Underground (TMU) New Trusted Member

I have had my bed and mattress from CBH Wood Furniture/ SwissDreamBeds.com for several months now, and donā€™t know what Iā€™d do without it. I had difficulty sleeping due to pain in several areas of my bodyā€¦ now, all gone just from sleeping on this most wonderful bed! The customer service is above and beyond any out there today. I was able to confidently buy my bed, sight unseen and certainly never tried, just because Hendrik was so knowledgeable and helpful over the phone. I love my bed so much, Iā€™ll purchase the travel bed for myself as soon as possible, and will replace all the beds in my home with SwissDreamBeds.

The customer service was so great, I ended up having them custom make a bed and headboard for me out of cherry woodā€¦ soooo beautiful.

Great craftsmanship and artistry, incredible knowledge, skill and design, and excellent customer service that has become so uncommon in todayā€™s world. Customer service is so excellent they provide incredible follow-up, something that has gone by the wayside these daysā€¦ but not so with SwissDreamBeds!

Iā€™ve never slept better, and cannot begin to say enough how grateful I am to have found this company and bed. I use their pillow, as well, for complete alignment and comfort.

Iā€™ve used natural and organic beds for many, many years. Iā€™d been buying from one company, and some of those mattresses are still good, but donā€™t provide the same support this one does. My last mattress Iā€™d gotten from that other company sank within a year, and got worse over the course of the following couple years - thatā€™s when I knew it was time to switch, much as I dreaded the process of finding a better bed. To my amazement, I not only found another healthy alternative, but one that is better on so many levels, and by leaps and bounds! This company has surpassed my expectations so much that I tell everyone I know about their beds and mattresses. I just cannot say enough how wonderful they are.

Hands down, this is the best bed and mattress on the market! Itā€™s not only healthy, but incredibly supportive and comfortable. I like a soft mattress, and at first wasnā€™t sure this one would work. In using it, Iā€™ve come to realize that it isnā€™t softness I like, but alignment - and this one provides it perfectly. Iā€™ve had to travel some and sleep on hotel beds, even new ones, recently. At first, I sank into the mattress at the hotels (several over the last few months), and thought it was heavenly soft. However, I did not sleep well on them and realized Iā€™d never gotten the best sleep on soft mattresses, but just liked how I sank into them. I never slept well on firm mattresses, either. This bed, though, I sleep so soundly and wake up so much more refreshed than I ever thought possible. My body is apparently in complete alignment throughout the night, and it serves me wellā€¦ better than I ever thought possible. Pain - gone! Restless sleep - gone! Energy - recovered! I feel better than ever sleeping on my bed from this company.

The price was less than Iā€™d spent on other mattresses alone, and I even had a custom-made headboard. Is it pricier than what youā€™ll find at a superstore? Maybe, but only in the short-term, as those donā€™t last, and usually result in much-needed chiropractic care. I own a chiropractic clinic, and am all for a good adjustment, but I honestly find I donā€™t need as many adjustments just because this bed keeps me healthily aligned! In the long run, this bed is not only a saving grace, but also a money-saver! I saved a ton of money getting this bed, and itā€™s the best bed in the world.

Hi crazykitties,

Welcome to the forum :).

Thank you for discussing your experiences with Sweetdreams / CBH and it is so nice to hear you are happy and enjoy the mattress system. It is always nice to hear about good experiences with small companies trying to compete in this crazy market. Well done.

Thanks,
Sensei

Unfortunately one of my customers, though very much willing to add a review to TMU, found it very difficult to navigate the site and to figure out who to make a post. SO I am posting it in here in her stead:

"August 1, 2019

CBH Wood bed purchase.
I am a 60+ year old and currently an owner of a mattress by CBH Wood. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in 1980, experienced an exploded disc in my back in 1993, resulting in a Laminectomy surgery to remove fragments in the spinal canal and presently have 3 broad-based disc bulges in my lumbar section with extensive Degenerative Disc Disease throughout the spinal column with scoliosis.

After experiencing dozens of beds so far in life, I feel I am qualified to state that this bed is the very best I have ever slept on. The wooden frame made from untreated Canadian wood is quiet, held together by wood pegs. No metal parts. The wooden slats bend and move when your body moves and the foam rubber is Talalay latex from the Netherlands. Thereā€™s a wool topper made of 100% virgin sheep wool from Switzerland. It sleeps like a dream come true.

Purchasing my new bed from CBH Wood was like talking to a good friend. I had specific requests concerning wanting my bed to be chair height for me to easily get into bed and would also allow for storage underneath, if I want. When you experience how easy this whole process is and the value you are getting when you buy this bed, you will be delighted to share CBH Wood information with your friends and family. Go to the swissdreambeds.com today and see for yourself. I am having my best sleep ever and I wish the same for you!"

Did anyone in your family get a full or queen bed?

Iā€™m asking everyone with a CBH bed system this questionā€¦ Which size did you get?

Hey swilkes,

Welcome to the TMU Forum :slight_smile: ! Good to have you here and thanks for your question. I couldnā€™t quite follow your post as it appears your initial question got lost in an earlier thread, Factory Direct Mattresses in the Toronto, ON and GTA area, post #108:

There shouldnā€™t be an issue of the bed being too firm in the center; however, this would be a good question for @CBH Wood Furniture to comment on, know they would want to offer answers to your question. BTW, what size mattress are you looking at?

Keep us posted on your research and thanks.

Sensei

Hi Swilkes,
sorry for the late reply but I had some problems logging in to this site earlier this week.
Your questions is valid. We offer beds with 1 or 2 slat systems and advise that if the bed is used by 1 person the majority of the time then it should have 1 slat system. If mostly used by 2 people then 2 slat systems are better. Letā€™s say you have a queen bed (which normally comes with 2 slat systems although he have also, on request, sent out a queen with only 1 slat system before for an older lady who lives alone) and if you lay down in the middle of the bed, then your body will be utilizing both slat systems which means there is more resistance and therefore it will feel firmer. Some people are sensitive to that, otherā€™s are not. Generally this is not a problem since people gravitate to the outside of the bed.

This lady and her husband got a queen size bed that they share.

How much does the 4" mattress part weigh on the queen versus the twin xl? I ask because I think the the 4" mattress part would be the hardest to move up the stairs in to my apartment. And the hardest to move into proper position on the bed since Iā€™m single and donā€™t really have any family or friends close by that could help.

Hey swilkes,

Thanks for your question earlier and for keeping us updated on your search :). Thanks also to trusted member CBH Wood Furniture for the information they gave on their slat systems, hope you found their answer helpful in your research.

CBH Wood Furniture lists system specs on their 8" Balancer ~ Das Original bed for the home/Specifications & Designshere on the TMU site, but weigh isnā€™t specifically mentioned so Iā€™ll let @CBHWoodFurniture answer on that. However, there are some dimensions listed that may help if you need that info too, thought you may find those useful.

Thanks,
Sensei

Hi Swilkes
The twin mattress pad weighs just under 20kg (44lbs) . And the Queen is around 30kg (66lbs).
Out of all the pieces that we would send, the queen mattress is the heaviest at 30kg. The frame comes in pieces, each light enough to carry by oneself for most people.

Have you ever split the inside/latex of a queen mattress in two like you do with the kings? Just curious if thatā€™s a possible option.

Hi swilkes
We have considered that but it is not a good option. The reason being that the mattress pad will be too light and will start moving around. The reason we split the mattress for king is merely that a full king would be too heavy and difficult to handle, especially when somebody takes off the cotton cover for washing. It is very difficult to put a full king mattress back into the cover after. I would assume your motivation behind your question is that the mattress can be flipped opposite sides so that one side will be firm and the other medium-firm. Honestly speaking I find very very few people will sleep on the firm side. The slat system in itself makes the bed feel firm (a comfortable firm not a stiff firm) and the mattress top is then only for comfort and in almost all cases the softer side is preferred.

I wasnā€™t thinking of flipping one up and one down. No, I live alone, Iā€™m a small person, and I have no family or friends in the area. I simply wanted two pieces to make it easier for me to set up or move the bed. I also wanted to be able to occasionally move the half on the right over to the left and vice versa so the two sides would wear evenly since Iā€™m the only one sleeping on it. I hope to start dating again in a few years, thus Iā€™m considering a bed for two people. But thereā€™s no guarantee there will ever be two people sleeping on it long-term.

What I hear you saying is that you donā€™t split queens because if split then the two pieces would shift inside the cover and either bunch up in the middle or gap a little in the middle. Iā€™m not too concerned about that when itā€™s just me, but I could see that being a problem if there were ever two of us in the bed. Thanks!

Hi swilkes,
we can certainly split them in the middle and it will probably work fine but the only thing that I cannot confirm for certain is that the mattresses wonā€™t damage each other a little bit over time. I have only tested this for about a month and the mattresses looked fine but I donā€™t know for sure what it would be like over years).

Just to give you an idea of what this mattress looks like when you get it: We package it in a burlap bag (if you look us up on Instagram or Facebook we post pictures from time to time what a full bed package up looks like). That means that you don;t actually need to carry that bag, you can also drag it. Also when they deliver the bed, you normally have 30min unloading time, and it only take the driver 1 minute or two to do that, so he is not in a rush. You can always offer the driver a few dollars to help you carry the mattress. Most will probably do that.

HI Folks,

I was just reading about your bed system online and was pleasantly suprised to find you on the mattress underground where i found my current mattress. I have a question foryou, which is the reason Iā€™m posting today.

I see that your mattress is using sheeps wool. Have you ever considered another fill like hemp batting, or possibly cotton batting? This type of mattress would suit the growing population of vegans who do not wear, or use sheeps wool. If not, maybe you will consider this option in the future. Iā€™m not in need of a new mattress right now, but will be purchasing mattresses for my children in the near future.

Regardless, you system looks great.

Hi mdgail1,
thanks for your question. We do have a limited supply of a corn fibre toppers if you really would not want wool.

But then I wonder whether why somebody would not want to use wool if the animal has been treated properly. After all when it is done properly (the difference with a Swiss farmer may be that for them the animals are not their business but rather their life) then it isnā€™t much more than a hair cut. I would encourage you to look into how these things are done in Switzerland.

Itā€™s an ethical position that is part of who I am. Iā€™m not criticizing your company. But itā€™s part of my core that focuses on doing the least amount of harm and exploitation to the animals we occupy this blue planet with. Thanks.

Thanks mdgail1. I took no offence in any way!

Hi, Iā€™m looking to replace my current mattress and was recommended to look into your products.

My details:
5ā€™2
BMI 21.9
female
30s with corrective surgery for scoliosis in teens, has c curve with Harrington rods so need alot of support for back
side sleeper
twin bed (fits my size best)
living in Vancouver, Canada

Which product would work best for me? And is there somewhere locally in Vancouver that I can go to try?