Change the theme?

Hey Phoenix, is there a way I can set my preferences to use the old theme? This new one gives me a headache

Hi Koala,

I’ve been testing some templates for the forum because I am about to do a migration from Joomla 1.5.26 to 2.5.4 (the 1.5 version is at the end of life and no longer supported) which means that the site template needs to be upgraded as well along with the forum template and a bunch of other components as well (the old template will not be compatible with the new version of Joomla). This is a fairly complex procedure because this particular upgrade is not just a normal upgrade but an actual migration from one to the other and every single component needs to be checked first for compatibility with the new Joomla version. I will probably also need to do some work with the code of whatever the new forum template will be to make sure the colors blend in and the fonts are accurate.

Unfortunately the current forum template is not compatible and the person who provided it is no longer maintaining their templates or upgrading them. You’ve probably seen a few changes during the course of the day and the one that was probably giving you a headache is because there is some wierdness in the colors and the CSS (shadows in particular) that I would need to fix before making it permanent but I thought it would be better to do some testing while it was live than to shut everything down completely.

It will probably be a few days of off and on “new template appearances” before everything settles down again.

I changed it back to the old version again for now. My webmaster hat is not my favorite!

The final version will not be quite so "dizzying though :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I feel for you! Migrating forums can be one of the most frustrating experiences. The CSS shadow and the colors were causing problems :slight_smile:

Let me know if I can help somehow. I used to wear the webmaster hat too!

Hi Koala,

I appreciate the offer and if I get stuck I’ll be happy to take you up on that :slight_smile: Of course any feedback along the way is also welcome and I may even test out a couple and see how the forum members feel.

I’m currently planning out my upgrade pathway and taking quick looks at various forum templates as well just to see if they are worth considering in terms of their basic appearance and function vs the standard Kunena template which works very well but is not quite as streamlined and “clean” looking as I prefer (which is why I didn’t use it in the first place).

I should probably wait till late at night before I do too much testing … or set up a test site … but time is always in short supply and I usually try to do as many things at once as I possibly can.

Thanks again for the offer.

Phoenix