Charles P Rogers Estate 7000 vs Charles P Rogers Estate Lifetime 3

Hey all, I’m looking for some information on the specs of the materials for these mattresses. Specifically, I’m curious about the ILDs of the latex foams.

I’m shopping for a California King for my partner and myself. Currently, I’m leaning towards the Lifetime 3 model from Charles P Rogers as I like the inclusion of the nano springs in the comfort cassette along with the latex. Based on my understanding, the Estate 7000 only has latex foam in the comfort cassettes and is a bit firmer consequently. I’m not sure I’ve ever tried “nano springs,” and the idea appeals to me as I like mattresses with some bounce but a bit of contouring as well.

The last mattress I bought for myself, mostly based on this site’s recommendation, was the Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex.

I got the firm and it worked pretty well for me as a combo stomach and side sleeper, but I think I need something just a little bit less firm around my shoulders and my partner is a bit lighter than I am so I think he may enjoy the comfort layers in the Lifetime 3 as well. I’m 6’6" and about 210lbs and he’s 5’5" about 145-155lbs.

I haven’t been able to find any information on the specs or the quality of the materials used in these mattresses online from Charles P Rogers or searching these forums, so I thought I’d ask here. Thanks!

Hi ghiggz.

I was able to dig up the specifications of the Lifetime 3 model from a recent thread.

• ~1.5" inch: Top Quilt: Dupont® Sorona natural fiber
o Partially plant-based polymer
o Breathable of its low water absorption, durable
• 3.5 inch: Natural Latex * Nano Spring Cassette comfort cassette unit for support and luxury with a light-as-a-feather feel.
o Latex layer in cassettes …
 Blue: softer 1.5" Talalay 24 ILD
 Micro coils in between: .5 sheet of ~5000? micro coils
 White: firmer: 1" Talalay 32 ILD
 How much is the cassette?:
• 0.75-1" inch: Intermediate support layer, inner tufted to spring unit
o Latex between comfort cassette and spring is tufted
• 8" inch: Powercore 3 Spring unit
o How many: 1000
o Double strength edge, zoned inner coils
 Firm tub
 14g pocket – tempered steel homemade – firmness
• Inner pocket, individual, compresses only where the body applies weight
• ~0.5" inch: Suspension Layer: Latex, shock absorber for the spring unit, reduces motion transfer, extends durability and
• ~0.5" Inch: Quilted down, like Sorona side panels w/heavy duty handles

The Estate 7000 is has two Talalay latex comfort layers – one firm, one soft – allegedly to give the mattress a “medium feel.” I believe this soft layer is 24 ILD.

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for me to be able to predict which of these mattresses (or any mattress, really) will be the best match for someone else based on specs (either yours or a mattress). But, when taking in all you know about your sleeping positions and preferences, as well as our Durability Guidelines, it does become easier to make a decision with the mattress specs handy!

Also (and you’ll see me say this to just about everyone, bit of a broken record haha) it is important to have a detailed conversation with whomever you choose to purchase from and provide them with your stats, body type, sleeping styles, general preferences and history, some general information about your current mattress, or what you have tested, and any other specific information or circumstances that could affect your choice of a mattress so they can help you choose which may be your best fit from their inventory.

I hope this helps give you a starting point!
NikkiTMU