Charlotte area

After reading reviews and trying out mattress we have decided against the namebrands.

Will be in Charlotte this week and want to check out the best places to buy a mattress. I think we have narrowed it down to a latex with some type of springs. If there is such a mattress? I have a bad back so I need something that will give with the pressure points. Please give me a list of places to check out while in Charlotte.
Thank you,
Karen

Hi karen,

The Charlotte list is in post #2 here.

There are many variations of latex mattresses available through the manufacturers on the list including latex, latex/polyfoam and latex/innerspring mattresses. A few phone calls should narrow them down to the ones that you are most interested in testing.

Phoenix

Hi, I’m new to your site but find your responses very interesting. Can you recommend any quaIity mattress suppliers in Vancouver, BC, Canada? We’re looking for a good quality, reasonably priced (who isn’t) mattress. My wife is a back sleeper, and I start out on my side and usually wake up on my back. We were looking at a Sealy Optimum Joyful from Sleep Country in Vancouver, but your comments about the “S” brands has me wondering. I’ve taken note of your recent posts (July 21/12 to “Primetime” ) about the Sealy Destiny model . I don’t know if the Destiny and the “Joyful” are similar, with different names.

Hi Pilgrim1942,

I’m not sure if the Joyful is the same but I can tell you I wouldn’t consider any mattress where I didn’t know the quality of the materials and layering inside it. The odds are pretty good that the Joyful has some low density memory foam and the super soft it uses is also likely to be on the low end of the polyfoam density scale. The biggest issue with the major brands (Sealy (incl Stearns & Foster), Simmons, Serta, Kingsdown, Comfort solutions (incl King Koil), Spring Air, and many of the other larger brands) is their lack of disclosure about the materials they use and they replace quality information with marketing stories. This is one of the main reasons for the first guideline in this article.

There are some good choices in the Vancouver area and the some of the better ones that I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

I switched your post from the Charlotte thread to the Vancouver thread to save any confusion.

Phoenix