Choosing Layers

We welcome guidance to choose latex layers for someone who cannot communicate how a mattress feels.

We’re aiming at the Sleep EZ “Organic Select Sleep Latex Mattress” because this mostly natural latex should be the most pliable and cooler sleeping layer. The sleeper is 5’3", 115, female, side sleeper, sleeps hot. The Sleep EZ website suggests the following configuration for the 3 - 3 inch - layers, Dunlop-Firm, Dunlop-Medium, and Talalay-Soft. Does someone have experience with 3 latex layers? What do you think? How would changing the middle layer to Talalay-Medium compare?

Thanks everyone. If it weren’t for this site and one other, we wouldn’t have known about Sleep EZ and how this mattress might be right for this sleeper who needs better sleep.

Hi LatexMe,

As you probably know from your reading here … SleepEZ is one of the members of this site and you are certainly looking at a great quality/value choice.

There is more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (such as SleepEZ) and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else (including me).

Phoenix

The configuration tool at SleepEZ can be modified to your choices by using drop down arrows. It’s just a suggestion that happens to default to Talalay over Dunlop.

When I called about my configuration, they told me they haven’t used that tool in years.

So, it’s best to have a phone conversation to discuss what may or may not work best for your sleep comfort.