Coco-Mat Quality - Lack of info online

I’ve been reviewing content on this forum as we shop for a new mattress. We really liked Coco-Mat in the store, but I’m surprised by the lack of available information about the brand outside of their own promotional material. There was one post here from over 10 years ago, and we found a handful of mixed reviews on yelp and trust pilot, but there are surprisingly few reviews for the brand, and we have found no independent write ups. Does anyone here have any feedback from recent experience with their mattresses?
Thanks!
James

Hi James,

Welcome to the Mattress UnderGround. Glad you are here.

I’ve noticed the same thing. Coco-Mat seems to have a fairly distinctive approach to mattresses, but there’s surprisingly little detailed, independent information available compared with other established brands. About a year ago, I was assisting a sleeper on reddit who lives in Cyprus. He was struggling with his Coco_Mattress. They use some fairly interesting materials, eucalyptus leaves, sea weed, coconut and cactus fibers, latex and rubberized horsehair to name a few.

After months of experimentation, swapping layers, adding toppers, he justifiably became frustrated, even after using @BackScience alignment mattress checker app, and just could not get comfortable with any of the combinations that Coco-Mat had to offer. He ended up selling the mattress and buying a Duxiana mattress, and has been happier since the switch.

One thing I’d be cautious about is judging the mattress based solely on how good it feels in the showroom. Natural-material mattresses can feel quite different after several hours of sleeping on them, and durability, body impressions, and comfort over time are harder to assess from a store trial.

If you’re seriously considering one, I’d ask the store specifically about the exact model and construction, the warranty/return policy, and what happens if the mattress develops a significant body impression or turns out to be too firm/soft after a few months. As I recall, they were helpful in helping him try to get comfortable with the mattress system, but did not offer a trial or refund. He could have upgraded to a different mattress, but it was not a straight forward “upgrade and pay the difference” situation. I vaguely remember it being quite costly, almost to the point, where it made more sense to keep the existing mattress and use it as a guest room mattress if space dictated.

If you end up buying one, I’d definitely post a follow-up after you’ve had it for a while, there seems to be a real shortage of long-term owner experiences. I would guess that there are folks out there buying these, particularly those who want all natural from Nature, but it if they dont offer some type of trial, there is that risk involved.

Maverick

2 Likes