Comfor Pedic by Simmons and my new mattress search

I have read all of the overviews and most of the individual pages under each topic. While I believe that I have a basic understanding of the concepts behind choosing a good mattress, I am not sure about a couple of the mattresses that I have found. One of the mattresses that I liked the most in the store was pretty much cost-prohibitive. It was a Tempur Pedic semi firm in the Contour line… Elite. The other one that I liked was made by Simmons and is the Comfor Pedic IQ, also firm. The model is the IQ 170-F. What do you know about the Comfor Pedic? Reviews on the web are mixed with mostly positive remarks.

Finally, I believe that one of the local furniture stores actually has a floor model of the IQ 170-F available for approximately $800. Is it worth the risk buying a floor model or something that I should dismiss as a general rule? My gut reaction is that it may be too risky but the technology is no longer new and the prices are a lot more reasonable than Tempur Pedic now that they have been out for about a year or so.

Thanks,

Mark

Quick Update:

I just returned home after visiting a Mattress Warehouse near my home in Harrisburg. They had several mattresses that I had previously considered but for the price coming in over $3,000. They also had a program that analyzed pressure points and made recommendations for mattresses that would provide the best support. Some of the mattresses I had previously selected were on the list of suggestions and I was impressed at the degree to which the analysis was spot on…

One of the mattresses that was recommended by the computer program was an Aireloom Enterprise and it contained many of the high quality components that were discussed on this site. It also features hand tufting and a very nice combination of latex, memory foam and high density steel inner coils that provided a very nice amount of support. I really liked the mattress and can honestly say that it was the only mattress that favorably compared to the Temurpedic Contour Elite and the Comfor Pedic IQ 170 F. The store manager agreed to extend a sale price that was run around Christmas on the mattress and flat boxspring to give me a price around $2100. He also arranged for favorable 48 month no interest financing to make the mattress more affordable for me.

What do you think?

This keeps getting more and more confusing… just read a bunch of negative reviews of the Mattress Warehouse and I am concerned. While looking for reviews of the Aireloom Enterprise, I stumbled upon Christeli and they appear to have a pretty good product too. Should I be more strongly considering them before moving ahead with any other mattress manufacturer? Sorry for all the questions but there is so much involved and it seems that every time I think I’ve arrived at a decision point, I see something else that gives me cause to hesitate and look further.

Hi mgblues,

I know you’ve read the overviews but I would also make sure you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps most importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

You can read a little more about pressure mapping systems in post #2 here and post #4 here. While they can be helpful … I would be cautious about overemphasizing their importance compared to what your body tells you and using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post because they can help more for pressure testing than spinal alignment (pressure relief is not the same as spinal alignment and a mattress that does a great job relieving pressure is not necessarily the best choice in terms of alignment).

[quote]One of the mattresses that was recommended by the computer program was an Aireloom Enterprise and it contained many of the high quality components that were discussed on this site. It also features hand tufting and a very nice combination of latex, memory foam and high density steel inner coils that provided a very nice amount of support. I really liked the mattress and can honestly say that it was the only mattress that favorably compared to the Temurpedic Contour Elite and the Comfor Pedic IQ 170 F. The store manager agreed to extend a sale price that was run around Christmas on the mattress and flat boxspring to give me a price around $2100. He also arranged for favorable 48 month no interest financing to make the mattress more affordable for me.

What do you think? [/quote]

As you can see in the guidelines here, I would be very cautious about purchasing any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the specifics of all the layers and components inside it (see this article) and Aireloom isn’t normally transparent about the materials and components they use inside their mattresses (see this article).

A mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of all the layers and materials inside it so if a mattresses uses “some” good quality materials … some of the lower quality materials that are also “in the mix” can still be a weak link in the mattress in terms of durability and the useful life of a mattress in which case it would be a much higher risk and I would avoid it.

If you can find out and list the specifics of all the layers and components in the Aireloom you are considering I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials inside it or help you identify any weak links in the mattress but it’s not likely that you will be able to find out all the information you need to make an informed buying choice or make meaningful comparisons to other mattresses.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Harrisburg area (subject to the “value” guidelines I linked) are included in the links to the forum lists in post #2 here.

The tutorial includes two links (in the optional online step) to lists of the better online options I’m aware of. One of them is to a list of the members of this site that sell mattresses online and the other is to a list of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of (some of which are members and some of which aren’t) that includes Christeli (with some overlap between them).

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here than can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Hope this helps!

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. I got your message too late to contact the store for detailed specs but got the following information off a picture I took of the bed while I was in the store.

It is called the Enterprise Extra Firm and is part of the Streamline series.

Comfort level: 3.5 lb airegelle, cool visco, high density foams, tricol backing.

Support: power coil, 8" 830 coil, 13.75 gauge wrapped coils, made by aireloom 1.7 density edge, 84 steel flex

Outer Tufted adapt and react patent hand tailored, OIKO-TEX.

I will contact the company tomorrow to see if I can get more specific details.

It’s my understanding that they use latex and memory foam (part is the gel stuff), in both the Dunlop and Talalay styles in two different levels. I will let you know if and when I get additional information regarding more specific materials used in the mattress.

Mark

Hi mgblues,

[quote]It is called the Enterprise Extra Firm and is part of the Streamline series.

Comfort level: 3.5 lb airegelle, cool visco, high density foams, tricol backing.

Support: power coil, 8" 830 coil, 13.75 gauge wrapped coils, made by aireloom 1.7 density edge, 84 steel flex

Outer Tufted adapt and react patent hand tailored, OIKO-TEX.

I will contact the company tomorrow to see if I can get more specific details.

It’s my understanding that they use latex and memory foam (part is the gel stuff), in both the Dunlop and Talalay styles in two different levels. I will let you know if and when I get additional information regarding more specific materials used in the mattress.[/quote]

If you can find out all the information listed here I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the materials in the mattress or help you identify any weak links but if you aren’t able to find this out then unfortunately it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about any mattress. If there is more than “about an inch or so” of lower quality or unknown materials in any mattress you are considering then I would pass the mattress by because it could be a very risky purchase in terms of durability and the useful life of the mattress relative to the price you pay for it.

The “value” of a mattress purchase always depends on …

1. Testing for suitability and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences)
2. Checking for the type and quality of the materials inside the mattress to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links (which is what we are trying to do here)
3. Comparing your other finalists for “value” based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

All three of these are an important part of any successful mattress purchase.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

After reading your response, I immediately reviewed the posts and came up with a series of questions I was going to submit to the manager at Mattress Warehouse. I unfortunately found some very negative complaints on the Internet about the company and did not return. However, I spoke to some friends about their mattresses and many raved about the experiences they had purchasing from Costco. As an employee I see the mattresses (memory foam and spring) going out constantly. I only see them coming back on rare occasions. That being said, I am more concerned that the models in the stores do not come close to the criteria I have read here on this site. The models are primarily the Novaform memory foam mattress in a box. Some folks who have shared their experiences with me over the past 3 years have raved about them, but some of the online reviews have raised serious issues.

However, Costco offers a much greater selection online than in the store. Two of the models that caught my eye on the website are the Ara (6.5" of 5 lb/ft memory foam, 6" regular foam base, and a bamboo fabric cover), in queen size. The mattress comes with an adjustable base that features a lot of the stuff that is on many of the high end mattresses I have tried including 3 preset positions & massage. Most of the reviews of the Ara mattress were raves. Most of the concerns that I found on the Internet concern the firmness of the mattress causing lighter people to experience some adversity when using this mattress. I am not a lighter person. I am over 200 lbs and am in the category of consumer who the mattress appears to suit best.

Thus far during my search, the Tempur Pedic Contour Elite feels like the best mattress for me. The Ara is less than 1/2 the price and appears to compare quite favorably. I believe the Ara is manufactured by Sleep Science. Have you much experience with the Ara?

Here is the info directly from Costco’s Product Details link on the mattress and adjustable bed:

“The Ara is Sleep Science’s™ pillow top, pure visco memory foam mattress. It is the closest thing to sleeping on a cloud. Experience the ultimate in a luxuriously soft, supportive sleep environment. The 13” Ara boasts 6 5/8 inches of premium memory foam that envelops you in an unparalleled feeling of weightless sleep that is supported by our patented Wedge Edge Support System and our proprietary ‘Air Channel’ Base. It is covered in a super soft, bamboo blend sleep surface fabric that is cool to the touch, with elegant micro-suede side panels for a luxurious look and feel. This is the mattress which visco memory foam purists come back to again and again.

13" pillow top mattress fits the dimensions of your bed
Bedframe not included
Sleep Science Comfort scale: Plush top with support layer
Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 - Federal flammability (open flame) standards
Limited Warranty: 20 years
Cover is bamboo fabric consisting of three layers. This fabric is 300g/m2, the percentage of bamboo is 40%, nylon is 40%, polyester is 20%.
Cover top layer: 100% bamboo fabric
Middle layer: 100% nylon
Bottom layer: 100% polyester
Micro-suede cover sides are 100% polyester
Mattress core top layer: 3 inches 5-lb visco foam, 11-13 IFD
Second layer: 3 5/8 inches 5-lb visco foam, 11-13 IFD
Third layer: 1/2 inch air barrier
Fourth Layer: The Wedge Patented Edge Support System
Base layer: 6" Air Channel Base, dual density, dual IFD, relief cut urethane core
Cover is removable and washable
Visco Memory foam conforms to your body to relieve pressure points and improve circulation
This mattress should rest upon a solid surface for best results
Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
First time visco memory foam sleepers, please allow 30-60 days to adjust to sleeping on a visco elastic memory foam mattress
Visco memory foam is temperature reactive, therefore the mattress will react uniquely to each individual’s body temperature
The mattress is rolled and compressed for ease of delivery. There will be a slight foam odor when first opened. It will dissipate within 24-48 hours.
Mattress Limited Warranty: 20 years against manufacturer defects

Queen Mattress dimensions: 60"W x 80"D x 13"H; Weight: 109 lbs

The adjustable base is made of reinforced steel and slips easily into an existing bed frame or can be used as a stand-alone bed. It features one of the quietest motors on the market and a sleek, stylish, streamlined design. The adjustable base also has a massage feature that is available on the head, feet or both. The wireless remote has a simple design with large raised buttons and is backlit for ease of use in the dark.

The adjustable base has 3 pre-programmed positions on the wireless remote control:
Zero Gravity (ZG): The ZG position, allows you to press one button and the bed automatically elevates both the head and feet for a feeling of floating suspension and cradling comfort
Reading: The reading position automatically lifts the head in order to sit up into a reading position
Flat: This feature allows you to press one button to return the mattress to a completely flat position

Adjustable Base:
Bed frame not included
Headboard and footboard brackets are not included
Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 – Federal flammability (open flame) standards
Fits into most bed frames
Can be used as a stand-alone bed
Covered in camel colored micro-suede fabric
Super quiet motor and operating system with power down system
Wireless remote control, with back lighting and three programmed positions
3 pre-programmed positions (Zero Gravity, Reading and Flat), positions can be adjusted manually
Massage feature for head, foot or both with three levels of intensity
Operating mechanism and electronics UL tested
Lifting capacity of 700 lbs
1 year In-Home warranty service warranty
Years 2-5 free replacement of defective parts, purchaser responsible for freight and installation
Limited lifetime warranty on mechanism
Mattress with Adjustable Base Overall Dimensions: 60" W x 80" D x 29" H"

Hi mgblues,

You can see my comments about buying from Costco in post #4 here.

While I wouldn’t consider most of their mattresses based on their quality/value … there are some that use better quality materials and are in a “reasonable value” range that may be worth including in your research on a “mattress by mattress” basis. I would use the same criteria in post #13 here to compare their value as any other mattress purchase.

Most of the Novaform mattresses use lower quality/density materials than I would be comfortable with (see the guidelines here) so I would be very cautious before considering any of them. A forum search on Novaform (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and many more comments about them.

You can see my thoughts about Sleep Science in general in post #8 here and in post #2 here (which includes some comments about the Ara). I would be aware that their foams are not CertiPur certified which for me would exclude a mattress with foams that are made in China. A forum search on Sleep Science (you can just click this link as well) will also bring up more information and comments about them.

On the face of it they certainly use high quality materials and there wouldn’t be any weak links in the mattress but they don’t meet the criteria I would normally suggest for memory foam mattresses (they are made in China without CertiPUR certification) and there is some uncertainty about the accuracy of their descriptions as well. If they were CertiPUR certified and I was satisfied that their memory foam mattress descriptions were accurate I would certainly consider them … but they’re not and I’m not.

There is more information about choosing an adjustable base in post #3 here and the adjustable bed topic that it links to. I would treat the purchase of a mattress and an adjustable bed as two separate purchases so that you can assess the “value” of each of them separately because one of them may be a good choice but the other may not be the best choice for you and if you are buying a set that is only available together then you are being “forced” to buy both together. I would only consider a purchase of both together if both of them (the mattress and the adjustable bed) were the “best” choice for you individually.

I would certainly consider purchasing a Sleep Science adjustable bed from Costco if it compared well to the other adjustable beds I was considering based on features/price comparisons.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

I’ve been unable to obtain more specific information on the Aireloom mattress. In fact, when I called the store today, I was advised that Tempur Pedic had authorized a small discount off their mattresses and are also throwing in the plain box springs. The set of the Queen Tempur Pedic Contour Elite mattress and flat box spring would cost approximately $2159.00 . Knowing how Tempur Pedic does business, however, I am skeptical that discounts are being allowed. Do you know anything about any current programs that they may (or may not) be offering on their mattresses?

I also spent quite some time looking for a local mattress manufacturer and/or dealer in the general vicinity and struck out repeatedly. At least 2 of the sites indicated that they were no longer in the business. One still manufactures the foam, but is no longer making mattresses. During my search of your posts, however, I ran across a reference to Restonic as a reputable mattress manufacturer. One of our local furniture stores (Wolf’s) sells Restonic mattresses. I visited their store and found 3 that felt very nice. The models that I liked are (in no particular order), the York Extra Firm {tempa gel memory foam, heavy duty individual coil, foam encasement, MM patented center support & a 15 year warranty}, the Doria {latex, memory foam, individual coil, foam encasement, MM patented center support and 15 year warranty} and the Harrisburg Eurotop {Premium Talalay Latex 34 ILD, MM patented center support, 884 Heavy Duty Individually Wrapped Coils that are tempered steel, gel quilting foams in the comfort layer, high density foam in support layers}.

The salesperson I was working with could not locate specific current spec sheets on the mattresses as some of them are new products and the Restonic rep has not yet brought the new spec sheets to the department. Do you have any thoughts on the models I found at the store?

They also have the Tempur Pedic Contour Elite but were not aware of any special programs being run at the current time. Wanted to see what you thought of those options especially since they appear to be much more reliable than the other brands I mentioned in earlier posts.

Thanks for your help and sorry for adding more details as they emerge. It is such a huge decision that I don’t want to make a mistake.

I just sent a request to Restonic for the specs for each of the 3 mattresses. Will update if and when I receive a response. If you happen to have the info, then you won’t need it.

Hi mgblues,

This isn’t surprising to me because Aireloom isn’t normally transparent about the materials they use in their mattresses (which is one of the reasons I would tend to avoid them).

I don’t know whether they are offering any current promotions (one way or the other) but I don’t see any on their site. You could always check with Tempurpedic to confirm whether this is accurate.

If you could let me know which ones they are then I can remove them from any of the forum lists they are listed in if they are no longer in business.

Restonic is a licensee group that includes many different privately owned factories that will often name and build their mattresses differently in each area of the country that they service. I would consider them as a “possibility” because the odds are higher that you will be able to find out the information you need to make an informed choice than with other larger manufacturers but this will also depend on which factory builds the mattresses and the store you are dealing with. I would consider them on a “mattress by mattress” basis depending on whether you can find out the information you need and based on the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here.

Unfortunately … without the information listed here it’s not possible for me to make any meaningful comments about the quality of the materials in the mattress.

I would be very cautious about “brand shopping” (see post #5 here) because outside of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences), a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

This would normally be the “job” or responsibility of any good retailer who may have better access to the specs of the mattresses they sell through their manufacturer’s rep than a consumer who is trying to deal directly with a wholesale manufacturer … assuming of course that they are willing to make the phone calls to find out (which some aren’t). It can be frustrating for a consumer to try and find out this information on their own from a company that isn’t set up to deal directly with consumer inquiries.

Unfortunately I don’t know the specs for any of the mattresses you mentioned but I hope you are able to find them out for the benefit of others that may be considering the same mattresses in the future.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

I have not received a reply from Restonic yet. Will update if and when I hear from them.

I just spoke to rep at Mattress Warehouse who advised me that the gentleman claiming there was a communication regarding a sale on Tempur Pedic was most likely mistaken based upon fact that he was relatively new to the company. We discussed the Aireloom in a bit more detail and he gave me a little more info than what I posted previously.

He indicated that the coils are made from high carbon steel and are the highest gauge available. He also indicated that the foams are tested (OEKO-TEX appears to be the one testing company that they use, the other is Certi-Pur), and there is approximately 2 inches of memory foam under quilting that forms the top surface. Under that is at least 1.5 inches of latex (Talalay if memory serves), Their polyfoam is a bio-blend that is mostly soy-based.

Does this information help or do you need more detail? I am still waiting to hear from Restonic and am not rushing to make a decision as I do not feel that I have all of the details that I would like. The salesperson is very knowledgeable and indicated that I was looking at the correct issues (Thank You for that… all of my knowledge comes courtesy of your assistance), and that his experience has been that almost all company reps will only provide a certain amount of detail, claiming that they are prohibited from giving up proprietary secrets while in the field. It certainly confirms what you told me in terms of expectations.

If I haven’t made it clear previously, I really appreciate all of your assistance during this very difficult task of choosing an appropriate mattress.

Mark

Hi mgblues,

[quote]He indicated that the coils are made from high carbon steel and are the highest gauge available. He also indicated that the foams are tested (OEKO-TEX appears to be the one testing company that they use, the other is Certi-Pur), and there is approximately 2 inches of memory foam under quilting that forms the top surface. Under that is at least 1.5 inches of latex (Talalay if memory serves), Their polyfoam is a bio-blend that is mostly soy-based.

Does this information help or do you need more detail?[/quote]

Unfortunately the information they provided is very incomplete and I would need all the information listed in this article to be able to help you identify any weak links or make any meaningful comments about any mattress.

There are many manufacturers that claim that the information you would need to make an informed choice is somehow “proprietary” but I certainly wouldn’t agree. You can read a little more about “so called” proprietary materials and using this as a justification for not disclosing what I would consider to be essential information here and here and here.

Thanks for the kind comments … I appreciate them :slight_smile:

Phoenix

While I wait for responses regarding the Restonic mattresses I tried at a local place, I decided to try out the Tempur Pedic Contour Elite again to make sure that I still thought highly of the feel of the mattress. The local company that offered me a deal is still willing to do so, cutting the cost of the new product by approximately $900. At a price less than $2100, I think it is a pretty solid value, especially with 48 months of interest free financing and no penalties for early payoff. However, I am still concerned about purchasing a brand based on everything I have learned by reading information on this site. What do you think about the Contour Elite?

Are there any comparable mattresses (by any of the manufacturers who belong to the site or who may be close to Harrisburg Pennsylvania) that you would recommend?

While I was trying the Contour Elite to make sure I liked the more firm memory foam, I noticed a Laura Ashley model that appeared to be a hybrid that had quilting atop memory foam, high quality latex and individually wrapped high quality coils as support. Have you heard anything about the Laura Ashley line of mattresses that are just being delivered to retailers? The salesman at the store indicated that the mattresses were just delivered recently and appear to be well made, while delivering a lot more bang for the buck when compared to the much higher priced Tempur Pedic mattresses at his store. I haven’t pursued it any further because I just happened to see the mattresses while walking out and got a little info from the salesman. However, if there is any positive feedback that you are aware of concerning their manufacture, I will attempt to secure information as set forth in your earlier advice and other posts.

Finally, I was looking through the member manufacturer websites and am a little overwhelmed at the daunting task of selecting a retailer who could best serve my needs here in Harrisburg. I know that anyone who sells nationally is an option but which ones have you found to be most reasonable to deal with in terms of any exchanges or returns and matching a customer to the mattress that would best serve them? I was very impressed with My Green Mattress, but am slightly concerned that I would be over-budget with no financing options available for online orders.

Still waiting for other information to be delivered so I thought it would be productive to use this time to explore the member manufacturers on your site.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Mark

It just occurred to me that I may not have mentioned some of the factors that may affect any recommendations you may have for my search. I am 50 years old and had knee surgery in December. I also have arthritis in various places (woo-hoo… getting older isn’t for wimps). I have shrunk to a height of about 5 ft 8.5 inches and currently weigh just over 220 lbs. Once I get active, I have a goal of getting under 200 lbs but am not shopping based on that goal.

After a couple more hours, I found that Pure Crafted Beds, Fox and Sleep EZ are intriguing members of the site (along with My Green Mattress. Any thoughts about which would be best in light of all of the above?

Hi mgblues,

There is more about the most important parts of the value of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

I can’t speak to whether the Contour Elite is a good match for you in terms of PPP (only your own personal testing or experience can tell you this) but I can speak to the quality of the materials inside it. While Tempurpedic isn’t transparent and no longer discloses the quality/density of the materials in their mattresses, you can see the “probable” specs in post #2 here (although the density of the base layer may be as low as 1.5 lb density based on some information I have received). If these specs are correct then it uses high quality materials and there would be no weak links in the mattress.

The value of a mattress purchase is always relative to how a mattress you are considering compares to all your other finalists or other mattresses that are available to you based on …

1. Testing for PPP (which is the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase)
  2. Checking for the quality and durability of the materials to make sure there are no weak links in the mattress
  3. Comparing your finalists for “value” based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your mattress doesn’t work out as well as you hoped).

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or approximate another one in post #9 here. I don’t recommend specific mattresses or manufacturers because there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved to choose a mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) but the mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to a list of the better online retailers/manufacturers I’m aware of that sell memory foam mattresses online and many of them either sell mattresses that are designed to be a close approximation of the Tempurpedic mattresses in terms of their comfort/support and specify which mattress they are close to in the description. If they don’t make specific comparisons in their descriptions then some of them may also be familiar enough with the Tempurpedic mattresses to be able to give you good guidance about which of their mattresses are closest to a particular Tempurpedic mattress when you talk with them on the phone.

I don’t know of any local choices that specifically compare themselves to any of the Tempurpedic mattresses so you would need to test them in person to find out which of them feel similar to you and of course make sure you check the quality of the materials inside them as well because you can’t “feel” the quality of the materials in a mattress and lower quality materials can feel the same as higher quality materials in a showroom or when the mattress is relatively new … they just don’t maintain their comfort, support, and feel for nearly as long.

As you know I think very highly of My Green Mattress/Quality Sleep and they are a member of this site which means that I believe that they compete well with the best in the country in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Their mattresses are also very different from Tempurpedic and use different materials so none of them would “match” the Tempurpedic mattresses (although they may be a better match for you in terms of PPP which is always more important that how well one mattress matches another one).

While I don’t make specific recommendations for either a mattress or a manufacturer/retailer (again because there are too many unknowns, variables and personal preferences involved) … there is more about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that can help you identify and minimize the risks involved with each of them in post #2 here.

Since I don’t make specific recommendations about which mattress to choose … only “how” to choose … your particular specs or circumstances wouldn’t make any significant difference because the steps for “how” to make the choice that is best for each particular person would be the same for anyone … even though they will lead to different final choices.

Phoenix

One of the most attractive options I found today is the TruEssence by Pure Crafted Beds along with their foundation. How do you like that mattress? I just spoke to one of the owners at Pure Crafted Beds and she was very sweet and extremely knowledgeable. I am strongly considering ordering the TruEssence after she reassured me regarding all of the issues that I am concerned with on the mattress.

Hi mgblues,

I don’t have any personal experience sleeping on the mattress and I can’t speak to how it will feel for you in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) but Pure Crafted Beds was a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, and service. They use very high quality materials in their mattresses and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in their design. They provide good guidance about which of their mattresses would be most suitable for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and they also have a good return policy which can lower the risk of an online purchase so if you sleep on the mattress and it doesn’t seem to be as suitable a “match” for you as you hoped for then you you are only risking $99 to return it. They would certainly be well worth serious consideration IMO.

Phoenix