Comforpedic Balanced Days or Cirrus ES11

Phoenix:
We are sleeping on a three year old memory foam brick purchased from MattressLand in Spokane, WA. It is the SleepFit (house brand) mattress. They admit it was a poor product imported from China with no give and have since removed it from the market.

Last night we tested the usual suspects; the Comforpedic Balanced Days Plush and the Tempurpedic Cloud

The Tempurpedic was nice and my wife’s choice but it is way too expensive. The Comforpedic Balanced Days Plush was nice but still spendy at $2000 after some credit for our mattress. I thought it was a bit too firm still.

I have searched this board for 12-hours and can not find much on the site or the internet for reviews of the Comforpedi and would appreciate some insight on the Comforpedic.

Alternatively the Cirrus Supreme ES11 for $1500 at memoryfoam.com looks like it would be equivalent. Thoughts or help is appreciated!

Hi bostongmw,

The first place I would start your research is post #1 here which will give you all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the choice that is most suitable for you. It will also help you avoid the worst choices which includes the major brands such as Simmons (which makes the Comforpedic). A mattress is only as good as the quality of its construction and the materials inside it and the major manufacturers like Simmons (and many others as well) tend to use lower quality materials in the comfort layers of their mattresses (which are the weak link of most mattresses) and for the most part don’t disclose the quality information you need to make an informed buying decision or which would allow you to make meaningful quality and value comparisons.

A forum search on comforpedic (you can just click this) will bring up many posts that mention them.

I would also ignore reviews about mattresses (reviews about the service or knowledge of a retailer or manufacturer are useful) and use your own objective research and testing to make the choice that is best for you (see post #13 here about reviews).

Online manufacturers and retailers can have some good quality and value and Select Foam is a member here which means I think very highly of them but I would always start off locally so you can test mattresses and become familiar with the many designs and materials that are available. I would also talk to them (or any online retailer or manufacturer you are considering) so you can find out if there are local mattresses you can test which are rough equivalents of the mattresses they sell (in their case it would be the Tempurpedic line) so you would have some sense of which mattress would be most suitable for you.

If you follow all the steps and suggestions one by one the odds are very high that you will end up making a great choice :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix … here is Spokane we don’t have much to choose from. We have many sleep stores but they all sell the same “major” brand names. We don’t have cool specialty stores like those in the recommended list.

My spidey-sense is to go with a Brooklyn Bedding model or Cirrus ES11. The current promotion for the Cirrus ES11 drops the price $600 compared to the BB Cool Luxe bed.

Final question … are they equal quality or would you favor one over the other. In other words; is the BB models worth a $600 premium. Thank you in advance.

Hi bostongmw,

Some of the better options and possibilities in the Spokane area are listed in post #2 here.

All of the manufacturers or retailers that are listed on the site (and many others across the country that are not members yet) are among the best quality/value in the country and I wouldn’t hesitate to make a purchase from any of them.

Having said that … whether any mattress is “worth it” for any particular person depends entirely on all the objective, subjective, and intangible considerations that are part of every mattress purchase and which of them are the most important parts of your personal value equation.

Once you have done all your initial research (following the steps one by one), eliminated all your worst options, have tested mattresses locally or had more detailed conversations on the phone with each of the manufacturers or retailers that you are most interested in, made meaningful quality/value comparisons, and have narrowed down your choices to your “finalists” with each manufacturer or retailer … then you will be choosing between “good and good” and post #2 here can help you make final choices.

Phoenix

I wanted to share with Phoenix and the board my results because the wealth of information in this forum was so beneficial to our purchase. We read everything on the forum and went to the local outfits that Phoenix recommended. In the end; we went with the Brooklyn Bedding Aloe Alexis. For the money, especially no taxes, there was not anything close in price and quality.

The two layers of three inch talalay latex over a nice core was an unbeatable combination for us. As Phoenix stresses over and over; the comfort and feel of a mattress is very personal. The decision is pretty easy once you discover what works for you. For example, memory foam was not our flavor versus the “feel” of talalay latex. Trust me. We sat on every mattress in town.

It then comes down to quality of materials and price. I knew way more than the sales people and they simply push the “brand”. We received our bed yesterday and all I can say is … OMG. Why I didn’t do this sooner is beyond me. I spent months analyzing the decision and I can save you a lot of time.

Just do it … Cheers and thanks.

Hi bostongmw,

Thanks for the great feedback and insights :slight_smile:

You clearly did some good research, followed the steps including local testing, and ended up making a great choice. I think your experience will be helpful to those who spend a great deal of time in “research mode”.

Most of all … congratulations on your new mattress!

Phoenix