Comfort + Support for Lightweight Person

Hi raven,

I think your circumstances and the information you have written is too complex and there is too much “missing information” for me to provide any specific suggestions on a forum based on “theory” alone. It would probably take a book on mattress theory and design to begin to address all the variables you have introduced and like a doctor trying to diagnose a complex health issue on a forum … it would be outside the context of what is possible. At the very least it would require much more detailed and interactive conversations and probably the ability to see you in person to even begin to help you decide on your best options.

Having said that … I may be able to provide some limited or generic help but I would need to take things in smaller steps and have more “baseline information” to build on. I would also suggest reading post #45 here and post #2 here and post #6 here and post #4 here and post #36 here and post #35 here. As you will see, complex situations may have multiple causes and may have no simple or obvious solutions and may require some trial and error. I would also suggest talking with Halstead Sofa and Mattress Makers where I believe you purchased your mattress and who are members here. They and the other “better” Calgary options I’m aware of (which you’ve probably seen) are included in post #2 here.

I’m also not clear if you are looking to make changes to the mattress you have or if you are looking to buy a new mattress completely.

The first step though is to know the specific details of what you are currently sleeping on layer by layer and then try to “connect” the specific symptoms you are experiencing (or have experienced previously) to some ideas about what type of changes … either in your current mattress or a new mattress … may help them. More specific layering information about the mattresses you have tried that “worked” for you would also be very helpful.

Phoenix