Comparing Arizona Premium's Coil Options

Thanks, Ken. Can you be a little more specific about the firmness of the three options? How would you rank them in terms of firmness? I need a firm support layer and I got excited when your website described the quantum-edge elite as offering “more support” than the standard caliber-edge coils. Does that mean it feels more firm? And what effect does the difference in coil count/gauge have?

I can tell you a little about my personal situation. I’m a tall, skinny (6’1", 160 lbs) side sleeper, and haven’t done well on zoned coils. And pressure points generally aren’t an issue for me no matter what kind of mattress I’ve laid on. Alignment is my biggest concern. That is, I’ve never woken up anywhere with sore hips or shoulders, but have upper/lower back issues often.

I’ve tried several Leggett and Platt coil units in person (including a 660-count queen; not sure if it’s the same as your caliber-edge), and felt those coils were as uniformly supportive as the old school innerspring models I grew up with. That is, if you sit on top of them, the coils don’t have much give. However, I’ve also seen some mattresses (with L&P coils) reviewed online where the springs look extremely “mushy.” And about 18 months ago I had to return a (non L&P) mattress I ordered online because whenever I sat or laid in it, it felt like I was sinking halfway through the mattress.

Thanks again.