Confused about the Pure LatexBliss hybrid mattresses

The Pure LatexBliss hybrid mattresses call their bottom layer Support Core: Bonded Foam/Latex.
Anyone know exactly what that is? Is it latex? is it polyfoam? is it both, and if so, how much of each?

Hi SleepDeprived,

Post #6 here should be helpful :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Ah, I see. I was told by a salesperson that the layer was made of latex remnants that were bonded together, so I was confused when I was reviewing the materials and saw foam also mentioned. So it is a mixture of polyfoam and latex that is rebonded. What would be the advantage of this over straight polyfoam?

I notice that often you mention that the support layer is not typically the one that wears out, but I assume you’re not saying that the support layer never wears out? Just trying to clarify for my own understanding.

Hi SleepDeprived,

Most manufacturers choose the specific materials they use because of a combination of cost, durability, performance, and “feel”.

In the case of the rebond polyfoam/latex … it’s probably a combination of the fact that it has a “feel” they were looking for vs polyfoam and is also a very dense and durable material but is lower cost than the latex they use in their “all latex” lines.

I don’t know their raw material costs but my guess is it would probably be more costly than polyfoam (depending on the quality/density of the polyfoam you are comparing) but has better performance and a better “feel”.

Phoenix