Convoluted Topper and LaNoodle Cuddle Top Topper in Tandem?

Hi Cheryl. My wife and I have a DIY mostly latex bed (3 layers, 44, 36, 28 ILD latex) with a 3" memory foam layer as the comfort layer. It seems like memory foam is no longer giving us comfort, even when we have replaced it more frequently. Our weights (around 250 pounds), health (wife fibromyalgia), and sleep positions (side and back) have not changed. Do you think the 2" sculpted latex topper perhaps in combination with the LaNoodle Cuddle Top Topper might give us both good comfort and support or should we perhaps be looking at simply a 3" solid latex topper on the softer side (perhaps 19 ILD or so)? We have slept directly on the 28 ILD directly before and it gave good support but not surprisingly was too firm for a comfort layer. We are in Virginia, but unfortunately several hours away so it might be difficult for us to visit your store in person. Thanks so much for your help.

Hi Benjamin,

It sounds like you both are looking for more surface comfort, so adding a topper is a great option. Our LaNoodle toppers (both the cuddle-top and cozy-top) provide sleepers with a nice soft cushion, but doesn’t compromise support.

People with fibromyalgia also have said it helps them sleep more comfortably. I would try adding the LaNoodle topper first. If you still feel you need just a little more, then you could add the sculpted piece - we do have customers use this configuration - we call it the princess and the pea! But save your money, and try one first, that may be all you need.

If you get a chance to stop in and visit us while you’re in Virginia, you could try everything in our showroom, and take a test-rest. If you want to talk more details, please call us Monday through Friday 10 to 5 eastern time. We’d be happy to help as much as possible.

-cheryl

Thanks so much. We’d probably try the convoluted topper first since it would be within the mattress itself and then if needed try the LaNoodle topper.

Can you use the lanoodle cuddle top on an adjustable base or will the fill drop? I am very sensitive and feel like I will feel the seams on the lanoodle cozytop. I am primary a stomach sleeper.

Yes, the Cuddle Top could drop depending on how high you lift the bed frame, as well as how tight (or rather how loose) your sheets are, which would help anchor the topper more tightly. Also, just for reference, we’ve never heard anyone yet say anything about feeling the seems in the CozyTop, so you may still want to consider that as an option. Hope that helps!

I have purple brand sheets which are extremely tight and stretchy I bet it would work in keeping the lanoodle cuddletop secure even with my adjustable base fully articulated.