Convoluted vs slab vs shredded latex topper

I’m wondering what the relative differences/advantages are of the three types of latex toppers I see online (convoluted/eggcrate, flat slab, and shredded) in terms of pressure relief, sensation/feel under the body, and/or support. I do understand that the type of latex and ILD will affect the sensation of soft vs firm, so I’m speaking more in general terms.

Is it just a matter of personal preference or are each or any of these toppers more beneficial for specific uses?

Hi Turquoise,

The flat slab (a solid flat topper in 1", 2", 3") is basically similar to a mattress build, adding another (usually softer) comfort layer on top of the mattress, this will usually feel like a pregressive mattress (firm/medium/soft).

Convoluted/egg crate toppers are also similar, adding softness to the top of the mattress, but with more “bounce” since they are not solid and instead are “sculpted” with peaks, and often feel similar to a pillowtop mattress.

Shredded latex (such as our toppersLaNoodle Toppers) feature “floating” latex which cuddles your curves, and offers more of a featherbed feel, but stays supportive and doesn’t flatten. The choice is definitely specific depending on your needs.

Hope this helps! Give us a call for a consultation, we’re happy to assist best we can! 800.229.7571 Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm Eastern.

That totally answers my question! Thanks for the quick response!

You’re very welcome! Hope you find what works for you :slight_smile: