Costco Nova Form Pure Comfort Grand

Hi,
We are in desperate need of a new king mattress and live in the 22046 zip code.
We saw that Costco is offering its NovaForm 12" King Pure Comfort Grand™ Memory Foam Mattress for $539.00 this week while supplies last.
We know from your mattress forum that you would have concerns about the top 3 inches being only 3 lb memory foam. But at this price, might we expect to get at least 5 or so years? We can spend in the 1,000-1,500 range, but have a spouse who has been out of work for a while and we’d prefer not to spend that much now if we can get a decent mattress for this price and fairly risk free given return policy. We are mostly side sleepers and weight 160/140 respectively and loved our traditional spring mattress with memory foam topper until it literally seemed to ‘die’ overnight and now we’ve been about a year with aches and pains.
We also know Urban Mattress is close by. Would you recommend trying anything thre or elsewhere comparable to this Costco Mattress?
Are there any stores nearby that offer your bonus/discount?
Thanks!
Specs are:
Item #354263

Features:
3" of NutraTemp® Memory Foam, 2" of Spring Flex Poly, 7" Base Foam
Item #354263

Features:

Box spring not included
Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633-Federal flammability (open flame) standards
Flame-retardant cover conforms to strict Federal standards
Covering: Luxurious two-toned quilted jacquard circular stretch knit cover, polyester-cotton top with WSR (water and stain-resistant) and polyester side panels
Top layer of Mattress: 3" of NutraTemp® temperature-neutral, premium-quality memory foam
Middle layer of Mattress: 2" of special super soft, Spring Flex highly-resilient poly foam
Base layer of Mattress: 7" of durable, superior-support base foam
100% hypoallergenic foams
20-year limited warranty
Memory Foam made in the USA
This mattress comes compressed packed for delivery, with easy to follow instructions for set-up and optimal use.
Mattress dimensions: 76" W x 80"D x 12" H; Weight: 125 lbs

Hi tabdams4,

There isn’t a way to quantify how long a mattress will last for any particular person because it depends on many things including where they are in in the “I can sleep on anything” to “princess and the pea” range and when they cross the thresholds in between sleeping well on a mattress to sleeping “OK” to tolerating a mattress to finally deciding to replace it. Having said that … with 3" of 3 lb memory foam I don’t think it would be reasonable to “expect” this mattress to last for 5 years no and the reason I suggest avoiding 3 lb memory foam (see the guidelines here) unless you are in the very lowest budget ranges and there are no other better options available is because the risk is too high that it may last significantly less than that.

IMO … there are better quality/value options included in the list of the better online memory foam manufacturers and retailers linked in the mattress shopping tutorial (in the optional online step).

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Northern Virginia area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix