Costco Spring Air Latex Hybrid Plush

Hello,

I’m in the process of returning a Sealy coil-spring mattress to Costco and getting the Spring Air Miranda Latex Hybrid Plush to replace it. I’m a side sleeper who weighs about 212 lb and my hip is bothering me with the Sealy mattress that we’ve had for almost a year. Any feedback on the Spring Air or any other mattress would be much appreciated!

http://www.costco.com/Spring-Air-Miranda-Latex-Hybrid-Plush-King-Mattress-Set.product.100081558.html

Hi Stanton,

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Outside of how suitable a mattress is for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) the most important part of a mattress purchase is knowing the quality of all the materials inside it so you can identify any weak links and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. The information you would need to make an informed choice (and avoid the risks of making a “blind” purchase) is in this article.

I would want to know the density of all the polyfoam and memory foam layers in the mattress (which will almost certainly be a weak link in the mattress) along with the type and blend of the latex. I should also note that the Costco site has two different descriptions of the layers in the mattress and neither one adds up to the thickness of the mattress which indicates that neither one is correct and/or complete.

IMO … you would certainly have better quality/value options available to you.

Phoenix

Thank you for the reply! I’ll look through the tutorial. I too noticed that the thicknesses didn’t add up. It doesn’t seem that there is much latex foam.

Hi Stanton,

Yes … there is only 2" of latex and they also don’t mention the type or blend.

The tutorial post also includes a link to a list of the manufacturers that are members of the site that sell latex or latex hybrid mattresses online that would be well worth considering if you are looking at latex.

Phoenix

Looking into this mattress deeper, what is missing form the description that they can add in order to better help those buying?

Hi Nabates1,

The information you need to make sure a mattress doesn’t have any weak links and to make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses is in this article.

I would be very cautious about these two layers …

2.25" plush Spring Air Quilting Foam
3/8" Gel infused memory foam lumbar support

… because they are likely to be a weak link in the mattress in terms of durability.

For a mattress with only 2" of latex as well (and with the type and blend of the latex unknown) it wouldn’t be in the best “value” range for most people either.

I would also make sure you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix