CozyPure Mattress

Hello,

I’ve been looking at purchasing a CozyPure mattress and have been researching as much as I can to learn about their products but I still have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. I have an adjustable base bed and I’m interested in the 12" mattress. They offer both natural and organic in this size. Can you answer the following questions:

1. I like a soft/plush mattress and I see that they can make the mattress in soft. Their comfort layer is between 19 -21 IDL. Without trying the mattress I’m trying to determine how soft the mattress is.
  2. Will the quilted top feel plush?
  3. Is the natural or organic a better purchase? Is organic softer than natural?
  4. I also like a pillowtop feel. Is there another mattress/company you can suggest? Or is the CozyPure the way to go?

Thank you!

Hi bear,

As you probably know from your reading here Cozy Pure is one of the members of the site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. A forum search on Cozypure and a term specific site search on Cozy Pure (you can just click the links) will also bring up many more comments and feedback about them as well.

[quote]1. I like a soft/plush mattress and I see that they can make the mattress in soft. Their comfort layer is between 19 -21 IDL. Without trying the mattress I’m trying to determine how soft the mattress is.
2. Will the quilted top feel plush?[/quote]

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which they would) and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

It would depend on how you are defining “better” and on the criteria that are most important to you. The choice between different types and blends of latex is a preference and budget choice more than a “better/worse” choice. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here but all of the latex you are likely to encounter (either Dunlop or Talalay that is made with either natural or synthetic rubber or a blend of both) will have a reliable certification such as Oeko-Tex, Eco-Institut, or Greenguard Gold and based on actual testing I would consider any type or blend of latex to be a very “safe” material in terms of harmful substances and VOC’s.

There is also more information about the different levels of organic certifications in post #2 here and some of the benefits of an organic certification in post #3 here and there is more about the different types of organic and safety certifications in post #2 here and more about some of the differences between organic and safety certifications in post #2 here that can help you decide whether an organic certification is important to you or whether a “safety” certification is enough.

An organic certification or a safety certification has nothing to do with the firmness or the feel or performance of latex and all the different types and blends of latex come in a wide range of firmness choices.

I don’t make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

While I do recommend the members here “as a group” because I believe that they all compete well with the best in the industry … there are also many other sources of good quality/value mattresses as well that aren’t members of this site … at least yet. The mattress shopping tutorial also includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of them also sell latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a wide range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that that would be well worth considering.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

I or some of the more knowledgeable members of the site can certainly help you to narrow down your options, help you focus on better quality/value choices that are available to you either locally or online, help you identify any lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress relative to your weight that you may be considering, act as a fact check, answer many of the specific questions you may have along the way that don’t involve what you will “feel” on a mattress, and help with “how” to choose but only you can decide which specific mattress, manufacturer, or combination of materials is “best for you” regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label or whether anyone else (including me) would have the same criteria or circumstances or would make the same choice.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix!
I live within driving areas of Columbia, SC, Charlotte, NC and Asheville, NC.

Thanks for your help!

Hi bear,

Subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here … the better local options or possibilities for Columbia, SC are listed in post #2 here and for Charlotte, NC are listed in post #2 here and for Asheville/Hendersonville, NC are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix

1… You can get a soft but supportive mattress from Cozypure.
2. Put a LaNoodle topper on their plush mattress and it will feel like a pillow top.

We have our Cozypure for just over 3 years now. The mattress and the LaNoodle topper and the LaNoodle pillows have all held up well. This is really plush setup. We got what used to be their “soft” 3 layer mattress with the LaNoodle. It is, indeed, cozy. They have changed the mattresses a bit in 3 years. Looks like the covers are even nicer. I recommend anyone within a 4 hour drive go visit.
Here is my original post:. The old “Perfection” mattress was 10.5 inches thick before the topper. Even with the topper it fits under their mattress cover.
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/richmond-virginia-mattresses-and-cozypure

Hi TDI HOO,

It’s been a few months since we’ve seen you on the forum … and thanks for taking the time to share an update about your Cozy Pure mattress … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you for your feedback, TDI Hoo. I’ve been doing some research and trying to find the best solution to finding the right bed. I’m really encouraged about CozyPure mattress and topper after reading your review. Do you find the lanoddle topper comfortable? I’ve have a 2" soft latex topper but I’m really excited to try the lanoodle topper as it sounds like a pillow top.

Phoenix, I need some additional help, please. CozyPure has their mattresses on sale through the end of the year and I’m hoping to make a decision by then. So, here’s my situation. 3 years ago I purchased a custom made talay latex mattress for an adjustable bed. It’s not quite right because I’m still waking up several times a night with a sore lower back. My back stays sore throughout the day so I know I need to make a change somewhere. My mattress is 10" with 1"polyfoam bottom, 6" firm talalay laxtex and 1.5" soft talalay latex. I went back to the manufacturer and he’s only suggestion was to add a topper. In fact he was not sure how to build a mattress for my situation. I actually bought a 2" talalay 19 ILD topper 1 year ago and I"m still having the same sore back problem.

The build of the CozyPure mattress caught my eye. It’s 6"firm, 3" soft and 1" convoluted soft. That with the lanoddle topper sounds like a softer bed to me. I’m not able to make the 6 hour to test the mattress in person. I’ve discovered through this process that I definitely like a plush, soft mattress like a pillow top.

I understand that the feel of a mattress is personal to each individual but I’m not sure which direction to go. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Hi bear,

While it’s not possible to “diagnose” mattress comfort issues on a forum with any certainty because there are too many unique unknowns, variables, and complexities involved that can affect how each person sleeps on a mattress in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or any “symptoms” they experience … there is more about the most common symptoms that people may experience when they sleep on a mattress and the most likely (although not the only) reasons for them in post #2 here.

There is also more about primary or “deep” support and secondary or “surface” support and their relationship to firmness and pressure relief and the “roles” of different layers in a mattress in post #2 here and in post #4 here that may also be helpful in clarifying the difference between “support” and “pressure relief” and “feel”.

These posts are the “tools” that can help with the analysis, detective work, or trial and error that may be necessary to help you learn your body’s language and “translate” what your body is trying to tell you so you can identify the types of changes that have the best chance of reducing or eliminating any “symptoms” you are experiencing (at least to the degree that any symptoms are from your mattress rather than the result of any other circumstances or pre-existing issues you may have that aren’t connected to a mattress).

The most common reason for lower back pain is usually a mattress that has comfort layers that are too thick and/or soft or a support core that is too soft but I would keep in mind that if your back pain doesn’t go away after you have been up for a while and have had a chance to stretch and limber up your muscles a little that it may be “pointing to” a pre existing condition and may not only be connected to your mattress. On the other hand a mattress that only has a 1.5" softer comfort layer would also reduce the likelihood that your mattress is too soft as well although the layer thicknesses you listed don’t add up to 10".

A topper is not a particularly effective way to “fix” a mattress that is already too soft or that has developed soft spots or sagging and at best it may provide a temporary or partial solution and at worst it can make some of the issues you are experiencing worse (if you are adding a soft topper to a mattress that is already too soft). If you add a firmer topper to a mattress that is too soft then the new comfort layer (the firmer topper) may end up being too firm to be comfortable for you to sleep on AND the topper will usually still “bend” or compress into the layers underneath it that are softer or have developed soft spots or are sagging so you can end up with BOTH comfort layers that are too firm and uncomfortable and support or transition layers underneath it (that were meant to be softer comfort layers) that are too soft to provide suitable support underneath the topper.

The most effective solution for a mattress that is too soft (either comfort layers that are too thick/soft or support layers that are too soft) or has developed soft spots or is sagging is to first identify the layers that are the cause of the issue and then removing and replacing layers that are too thick/soft or that are sagging (outside of replacing the mattress or course).

Having said that … there are also some suggestions in post #4 here for a mattress that is too soft that can sometimes be helpful. It may be worth trying your mattress upside down along with your topper to see if it makes any difference with your back pain which may help you assess whether your mattress is too firm or too soft.

As you mentioned the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I’m assuming that you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would certainly include Cozy Pure) and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix

Bear,

Phoenix gives outstanding advice here. Her words above are spot on. I would describe the La Noodle topper as giving a plush feeling that surrounds you. Our last mattress was a King Koil pillow top. The La Noodle is just different. It works as part of a system. On the other hand, our 16 year old daughter has a pillow top mattress and we just bought her a La Noodle topper for that bed. She loves it. Once you buy a mattress, CozyPure gives you 20% off on anything else. Turns out we also had a $100 credit, since my sister-in-law and her husband also bought a mattress from CozyPure. So, the La Noodle on top of a pillow top is also REALLY plush. You just have to experience it. When we shopped for the mattress, we were just going to get the mattress, until my wife tried out the Hotel collection mattress with the La Noodle. It is just a lot more enveloping, I would say. The support of the mattress is obviously the same, but one is just cuddled a bit more by the topper.

The information sheet for the La Noodle says you should not use a heating (electric) blanket with it. My wife and I don’t use an electric blanket, but our daughter does. But it has been a warm December, and she has not used it. Maybe Phoenix can chime in about electric blankets and La Noodle toppers. Just an FYI. .

I know you are 6 hours away, but if you can swing it, try to visit the factory. Then you can try out a bunch of different options. It may save you trouble, money, and heartache/backache in the long run.
Happy holidays!

Hi TDI Hoo,

Latex isn’t temperature sensitive and normally wouldn’t be affected by the amount of heat that would come from an electric blanket so I’m not sure why they suggest not using one with the lanoodles topper. I’ll have to ask them the next time I talk with them.

Like you … we also really like the feel and added “cush” of our Lanoodles topper (see post #2 here and the posts it links to) but as you mentioned it will vary depending on the specifics of the mattress underneath it.

I would also agree with your comments here as well. A good quality mattress can have such a big effect on how well you sleep and on how you feel and your overall well being (both waking and sleeping) for the next decade or more that I also think it would be well worth a day or two to experience the different options that they have available in person.

Phoenix

Thank you both for the very helpful information and feedback. I am planning a trip to CozyPure before the end of the month to test their mattresses in person. I will post an update after my trip. Thanks again!

Hi bear,

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit :slight_smile:

Phoenix