CSS in Branford , CT

I have to say this forum is an excellent source for information. I’m suffering from a bit of information overload but I think I’ll survive.

That being said, I live in Ellington, CT and I’ve been looking into visiting Comfort Sleep Systems in Branford to try out different types of mattresses (latex, memory foam, etc). Being that they are a recommended business here and they manufacture everything right here in CT, I figured they must be a good bet on helping me find the mattress that’s right for me.

I haven’t spoken to anyone from the company yet but I have been frequenting their site online and was wondering if anyone had any info on their warranties and return policies. I know some of their mattresses come with 20 year warranties, but don’t mention anything more than that. I was also wondering if they do trial periods. No mention of this either unless it’s on the site and I just haven’t seen it.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Hi Joetrain,

As you know I think very highly of Comfort Sleep Systems and they are a member here which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Posts #2 and #5 here and the posts it links to also includes more comments and feedback about them as well.

Most of their mattresses have 10 or 20 year warranties but a quick call will provide you with any specifics that you need about the warranty on any of their mattresses because they may vary. I would also keep in mind that a warranty only covers manufacturing defects … not the loss of comfort and support over time or the useful life of a mattress (see post #174 here).

Knowing the type and quality of the materials in a mattress (see the guidelines here) is generally more important than the length of a warranty because any manufacturing defects will tend to show up early in the life of a mattress (usually within the first year or two) but the quality of the materials will be a much better indication about the useful life of a mattress relative to each person.

I now that they can make adjustments to their mattresses if a customer needs to make any changes to their mattress and some of their mattresses have exchangeable layers as well. I don’t know the time frame involved but a quick call to them would also give you all the specifics about the options they have available after a purchase.

Post #2 here also includes some of the other options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Connecticut area as well.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for the quick reply and for providing even more beneficial information. I may attempt to visit their showroom tomorrow to see what they have to offer. With the reputation they have with you and some other members of this forum, I have to say I’m actually excited to go mattress shopping.

I’ll try to report back here with my experience.

Hi Joetrain,

I’m looking forward to your feedback after your visit :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Ok so time for my review of CSS in Branford, CT. (better late than never) :lol:

So I visited their showroom about a month ago and I have to say that my experience was excellent. The woman who helped us was Sara. She was very pleasant to deal with and really helpful. There was absolutely no pressure and Sara went above and beyond to help us decide which mattress would work for us.

After trying almost every mattress combination they had to offer, we finally decided to buy. We ended up with 'the Outrageous" with the medium-firm configuration and, after sleeping on it for almost 3 weeks now, I have to say this is the best mattress I have ever slept on. The first few days we had it I woke up a little stiff, which worried me, but I noticed that I felt great for the rest of the day. So I stuck it out a little longer before I decided to pass judgement on this new mattress. Now I wake up feeling great and not wanting to get out of my comfortable bed. I also noticed that I’m dreaming more which I’m attributing to getting a much deeper sleep every night. My posture is even getting better. This mattress is great. I am so happy I did the research and went with a custom mattress made by CSS.

If anyone from CT is considering a latex mattress made by a local company, be sure to check out CSS. Also thank you again Phoenix for all the helpful information. You made our purchase a much more informed and simplified experience.

Hi Joetrain,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s not unusual at all that you will go through an adjustment period for any new mattress that is different from what you are used to … especially if your body has a “muscle memory” that comes from sleeping on a mattress that needed replacing where your sleeping posture wasn’t ideal.

It’s great to see that your choice turned out so well for you and you are just as happy with your purchase from CSS as some of the other forum members that purchased their mattress there as well.

Phoenix