Custom LMF Mattress

Hello!

I am looking for a king mattress. I am stomach sleeper (classing arm under the pillow). I am interested in custom latex mattress from LMF but am unsure what to buy especially without having an option to test it out before.

I like a firmer mattress over soft. Springs vs not? Dunlop vs talalay? Very lost. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am 5’7" 195lbs. I’d like to stay in the $1500-$1700 range ideally.

Thanks!

Hi Steve and thank you so much for the inquiry! I’m terribly sorry for the delayed response but we’ve been having problems with emails lately, so I didn’t get the notification about your post. Based on the information you’ve provided, I would recommend an all-latex mattress, mostly because if you get a latex and coil hybrid but the coils are too soft, there’s not much you can do to make the mattress firmer, even by adding an extra firm layer over the coils. I wouldn’t consider our coils (or most coils) to be “firm”. Aside from that, if you order an all-latex mattress and it’s too soft, you can rearrange the layers or exchange a layer to make it just about as firm as you’d like. I normally recommend 9" of latex for anyone under 300 pounds, and based on your information, I think medium Talalay over firm Dunlop over extra firm Dunlop will provide the firmness you’re looking for. The top Talalay layer should provide all the contour and pressure relief needed to avoid any pressure point issues and will add secondary support to the mattress. Secondary support is needed to fill in the gaps between your body and the mattress – back sleepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between the small of their back and the mattress; side sleepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between their mid-section and the mattress. If these parts of a person’s body aren’t supported by the mattress, their muscles will work throughout the night to hold these parts of the body up, and by the time they wake up they’ve got back pain. So the top 3" of Talalay latex will provide contour, pressure relief, and secondary support. The remaining Dunlop layers should provide all the support needed to maintain proper spinal alignment and avoid back pain. Please keep in mind that our initial recommendations have a 90% success rate (we only have a 10% layer exchange rate and a 3%-4% return rate) so there’s a 90% chance that the above recommendation works perfectly for you.

Please also note that our coils aren’t returnable, and there are a few differences to consider when buying a DIY mattress from us. DIY mattresses have a 30 day return policy and you can only return one component of the mattress, not the whole mattress. You can exchange one layer (per customer or household) or you can return one layer (per customer or household). If you decide to return one component the cost would be $45 and if you decide to exchange one component the cost would be $45. DIY mattresses aren’t covered by any warranty. However, we’ve been in business for 45 years and ship out 20 - 30 mattresses per day, and we still only get about 12 warranty requests per year. It’s rare that latex takes a body impression, so it’s not likely that you will need to use your warranty policy. If you’re confident that your initial layer configuration will work for you, it’s not likely that you will need the layer exchange policy, either. It’s just a matter of which of the two policy types you’d prefer and which of the two prices you’d prefer. If you’d like an all-latex mattress with a full 20 year warranty, 90 day return period, and a full 90 day layer exchange period, please visit our sister company’s website www.sleepez.com. It is a bit more expensive, because it does include all of those extra customer service policies.