Delirious and desperate from lack of sleep ;overwhelmed by mattress store sales pitches

I’m so lost. I have a 12 year old Sleep Number that no memory topper can save. I wake up many times during the night (side sleeper) with no feeling in my arm or hand, and feel like I cut off my circulation to all my extremities by the morning! I’ve been to lots of stores, and the iComfort and Tempurpedic Weightless Supreme are by far my favorites, but I have a hard time paying $2800 for one king size mattress. Your site seems to have helped so many, and I’m hoping you can help me as I don’t trust my (sleepless) judgement right now! Can you recommend the closest I can get to either one of those beds but without breaking the bank? I don’t mean “cheap” but I would like to get the best memory foam/gel mattress for the money, and based on what I’ve read here, you don’t need to spend thousands as some of these manufacturers would have you believe. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you…Sleepless in Dallas. :slight_smile:

Hi Jrjaxtx,

The first thing I would suggest is to read post #1 here and the information it links to. This will put you in a much better position to know what to look for (and what to eliminate) and the types of manufacturers or retailers that are worth visiting and working with.

Having some basic knowledge about different types of mattresses and materials along with knowing which manufacturers or retailers to work with when you are mattress shopping can be one of the most important parts of ending up the most suitable mattress (for your own unique needs and preferences) with the best possible quality and value.

There is a list of some of the better options and choices in the Dallas area in post #4 here which would be well worth an initial conversation on the phone and/or visiting (if they carry the type of mattress that you want to test).

You have some great options available to you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

THANK YOU Phoenix, you are my hero. I know you have SO many posts to reply to and I appreciate your time. I will do the homework you gave me… As you an see by my post time, I’m not sleeping so I can willingly do that! Thank you for this site. It is doing a huge service that helps so many.