Did I damage my latex mattress?

Hello I have been lurking this forum for awhile and with the help of the immensely valuable information on this forum I decided to purchase a latex mattress from Arizona premium mattress. However I am afraid I may have damaged it during transport when hauling them back to Tucson. They were in the sun for about 3 hours in the back but they were wrapped in clear plastic sheeting. However when I went to pick them up the salesperson who helped me load them, did not say to cover them up. I only found out when I got concerned afterwards and googled sunlight and latex and found out that they degraded in direct contact with sunlight.
Now is there anyway to see if they are indeed damaged?
Thanks

Hi dbison,

If part of the latex was damaged by the sunlight it will be softer and more “sticky” that the parts that weren’t exposed so the best way to tell would be to compare the parts of the latex that were exposed to the sunlight with the parts that weren’t to see if there are any obvious differences between them.

Phoenix

Thanks for the info Phoenix. It doesn’t feel sticky, but moist. It is also very humid in my house since I have a swamp cooler.

Hi dbison,

Latex does have a “moist” feel to it. Is the part that was exposed to the sun significantly different from the parts that weren’t?

I suspect that you are probably fine.

Phoenix