discount rules/ bedbug encasement / and layers

Hi Phoenix
Do I have to to post a message to get the discount provided by your membership companies – I have an account.

Also
Sleepex 8.5 " Organic has just 2.5 inches of natural latex over 3 + 3 inches base latex
But their 9.00 " Natural has 3+3+3"
Why is there 1/2 inch difference?
Is the 2.5 inch layer more likely to tear?

Also
I am trying to get the same feel I had with Savvy Rest
Tallalay: Soft/Medium/FIrm
What do you think the best match would be in SleepEZ line?

Also
If I put the mattress I get in a ProtectABed Bedbug/Waterproof encasement will it harm the mattress?

Thanks
Dormouse
(See Alice in Wonderland)

Hi dormouse,

[quote]Hi Phoenix
Do I have to to post a message to get the discount provided by your membership companies – I have an account.[/quote]

While technically one message upgrades your username to “member” which qualifies you for the discount … most of the manufacturers don’t “enforce” this if you are only registered and tell them you are a member here.

In your case it’s a moot point since you’ve already posted a message and you are now “officially” a member :slight_smile:

[quote]Sleepex 8.5 " Organic has just 2.5 inches of natural latex over 3 + 3 inches base latex
But their 9.00 " Natural has 3+3+3"
Why is there 1/2 inch difference?
Is the 2.5 inch layer more likely to tear?[/quote]

I’m assuming that you mean SleepEZ (not Sleepex) but I’m not aware of any of their mattresses that have a 2.5" top layer. Both of their 10000 models (the natural here and the organic here) have 3 x 3" layers of latex as far as I know but either way a thinner layer wouldn’t be any more likely to tear in normal use and any differences in layer thicknesses or firmness levels would change the “feel” and PPP not the quality or durability.

[quote]I am trying to get the same feel I had with Savvy Rest
Tallalay: Soft/Medium/FIrm
What do you think the best match would be in SleepEZ line?[/quote]

They are more familiar with their mattresses than anyone (including me) and are also familiar with Savvy Rest so I would make your choices based on a more detailed conversation with them. Having said that … the closest match that they have available would probably be the same layers of soft/medium/firm 100% natural Talalay (which is the same Radium Talalay that Savvy Rest uses). The ILD range that Savvy Rest used to use (which may be slightly different now that they have switeched to Radium Talalay) is in post #2 here and is a close approximation of the ILD range for SleepEZ as well.

No … it will be fine. I would consider adding an additional non waterproof mattress protector as well that can be removed and cleaned more easily as well because a bed bug protector should never be removed from the mattress. There is more about mattress encasements in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix

PS: I love Alice in Wonderland :slight_smile: