DIY foam mattress: extra back/hip support?

Hey M Shaw,

Thanks for your reply and updates :slight_smile: .

The concern here before was based on my belief of your having an injury-related chronic back pain situation and a preference for back sleeping combined. These two conditions would not necessarily pair well with your earlier DIY suggested build from post #1 where HD foam is used as a support core. But your “narrow range of what’s comfortable for my lumbar spine” has since been clarified, so we have moved away from a medical issue to addressing your narrow range of what’s works well for you in terms of "too much support is uncomfortable when I’m lying down; too little support can cause pain throughout the day. "

I see from post #1 that expert trusted member Arizona Premium Mattress’s Ken Hightower is working with you on this topic. Ken is deeply experienced in both latex and DIY categories, and understands well how to best match consumers with optimal comfort and support choices. I’m following your conversations and looking forward to see what ideas Ken has for you.

Shout out to @Mattrebuild for sharing his DIY knowledge base: thanks for the fellow consumer angle and support :slight_smile: ! Looking forward to your updates M Shaw and what your next steps will be…

Thanks,
Sensei