DIY Hybrid after long search in the midwest

Hey cornfedteeth,

Thanks for your response.

You are off to a good start by strategically placing your question in two places on the forum, one of them in a high-traffic thread and the other as a unique post of your own. If you’re looking for a manufacturer’s guidance and support, take the Lebeda’s Reve Hybrid specs that you’ve compiled from your store visit research and check with the TMU Trusted Member manufacturers, the following ones both offer Talalay latex and specialize in the DIY category:

Arizona Premium

Sleep EZ

FloBeds

Latex Mattress Factory

You can also use the “Ask an Expert” forums for posting questions to specific expert members, as well as see what kinds of questions consumers are asking them.

While you likely have already done a TMU site search on the topic “DIY mattress”, you may have found the large number of posts difficult to navigate from a sorting of interest point of view. Here are a few threads you may find useful for thought starters, project encouragement, and for meeting fellow DIYers who may be of help:

“Thoughts From My 5 year mattress building journey”, post #1by @Paracelsus462

“Simmons Beautyrest Mattress Rebuild”, post #1 by @Mattrebuild

“Pleaase help with my first DIY mattress design”, post #1 by @GeauxTigers

I wish you well as you embark on your DIY journey, cornfedteeth. You will find great satisfaction in all of your hard work after things come together, as you have carefully studied a variety of mattresses and have an understanding of the materials and layering arrangements that would work best for you and your wife. One final thought for you regarding a favorite Phoenix quote on mattress “approximation”:

"While this is a good pointer of what you like, I would avoid trying to design a mattress with the goal of re-creating or “mimicking” the feel of a particular mattress, and keep the focus on PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) the quality, durability, and type of materials you prefer and on how they feel and perform in your testing. Learning how all the mattress specs and designs work together can take years of experience and a great deal of knowledge and a steep learning curve to be successful."

Check in when you can, would enjoy hearing project updates as you move further down the DIY path.

Thanks,
Sensei