DIY LaNoodle Cuddle Top

Hi Jakofin,

Both LaNoodle Toppers have “free-flowing” latex inside. The CozyTop (which was actually the original design back in 2006) has the LaNoodles contained in channels so it’s a bit easier to maintain since they are restricted within the individual seams. The Cuddle-Top has a larger surface area for the LaNoodles to move around more broadly.

How much the LaNoodles move around really depends on what type of sleeper you are (do you turn a lot through the night, from back to side?), keeping in mind that if you are tossing because of discomfort, the toppers will greatly reduce that issue. Also your body weight affects movement; the heavier you are, of course the more the noodles will shift, and the lighter you are, the less they will move around.

In either case, the toppers are not too difficult to maintain with weekly “fluffing” when changing your sheets. And based on customer feedback (as well as my own personal experience), the small maintenance involved is well worth the comfort it provides.

Hope this helps!
-cheryl

Cheryl,
Thanks for you reply! I am still very interested, but have a few more questions.

I weigh 165 and sleep from side to back, and toss and turn a lot. So which topper would you recommend? My husband is fine with our mattress the way it is. So I was wondering if a topper could be made for just half the bed? We have a queen size. I can sew, so I could make it myself, but wonder if you do custom things like that. Would that even work on a queen? I realize the bed would look weird.

Thanks for helping!

Hi Jakofin,
Yes we make the Cuddle-Top in half Queen sizes. I don’t know the price off-hand as I’m not at the shop right now, but you can call and talk with one of our reps Monday - Friday 10 Am - 6 PM Eastern time. Be aware that the surface area of a split queen is fairly small at only 30" width (close to a crib size). Using the topper with such a narrow width, along with movement, could cause the topper to torque a bit, under your body and sheets, versus having the full surface of the queen mattress, which allows it to be more “anchored and stabilized” in place (hope that makes sense). If your husband is ok with the mattress now because he’s the type that can sleep comfortably on most beds, there’s a great probability he will find the topper a wonderful addition.
-cheryl