DIY Mattress Foundation Insert for Existing Wooden Bed Frame

DIY Mattress Foundation Insert for Existing Wooden Bed Frame
For latex mattress but will work with other types also.
The following measurements were used to make a mattress platform to fit inside a queen sized wooden high back bed frame with inner measurements of appx 84" x 60"
Materials list:
Lumber: Since I have no table saw I had all this cut for free at my nearby lumber yard. They did great! Total cost of my lumber was about $150 but I used Cedar 4x4 for my posts. That was $33 all by itself. I did not want treated lumber in my bedroom. Rest of the wood is pine.
2" x 8" X 80" Side Rails (2)
2" x 6" x 52" End Rails (2)
4" x 4" x (19.5") Corner Posts (4) Height of these is completely dependent on your application.
2" x 4" x 77"*SC Slat Support Rails (2)
2" x 4" x 52"*SC Weight Support Rails (3)
1" x 4" x 59" Slats (15)
*Scant: Means this length is cut slightly shorter than the measurement listed by about 1/16" i.e. 77" becomes 76 15/16. This is so these Support pieces do not fit too tightly between the End Rails, and Side Rails.

Hardware
2" x 4" Joist Hangers (10) If you can get the kind which allow two of the screws to angle in from the side.
3/8" x 4" Lag Screws with washers. (8)
4" deck screws (18 minimum)
2" deck screws (50 minimum)
1" deck type screws (40 minimum)

The only holes you will need to drill are the holes for the 3/8 lag screws to fasten the side and end rails to the 4x4 posts. I used a 9/32 drill bit for the posts, and a 3/8 drill bit for the side and end rails.