DIY on a failed Nectar hybrid

I’m back again after 2 years or 3 years. Not sure how long I’ve struggled to find mattress comfort. I do feel I am learning along the way. But still no way to know without actually sleeping on a mattress.

It has occurred to me to try to make a Nectar Premier Hybrid usable by replacing the foam layers. Because it feels like what’s there must be broken; the support is gone. The problem is the same though as mattress shopping; the unknown until sleeping on it. I have read here the references to ILD numbers etc - but no experience other than my latex layers mattress, and the myriad of foam toppers I tried. If I knew what to order, it sounds simple to just layer them over the coils layer. It does have a zippered cover. Am I wrong? Feedback appreciated.

If your core is worn out nothing will work on the top. You could try just replacing the coils with Texas pocket springs from pocketsprung store. You need to make sure the sides are contained well, as they could spread if the cover doesn’t hold the sides in enough.

Why would coils that are not yet a year old need replacing??

I thought you just said the support is gone? How do they feel when you lay only on the coils? If they feel good and youre putting new supportive foam on them it’s hard to pinpoint the issue

It’s really hard to figure out what is happening under the mattress cover. I just thought it reasonable that foam (probably low quality) would fail before metal coils. I’m worn to a thread on trial and error/money out the window on mattresses that I can’t rest on. So I was just thinking replacing the foam layers should be simple - IF I could figure out how to choose the foam. I don’t plan on investing anywhere close to what a whole, new mattress would cost.