DIY Tempurpedic Attempt, how important are the springs?

Hello,

I have ordered the tempurpedic mattress topper (3 inches) and 2 inches of latex soft and medium to test them both out.

I was about to order springs but then I saw Arizona and Latex mattress factory do not offer returns on those. Can I just buy a spring mattress like https://www.walmart.com/ip/Linenspa-Explorer-6-Innerspring-Mattress-Twin/620841013this and call it a day?

Hi truddy90, and welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile:
Glad to have you here.

[quote] I have ordered the tempurpedic mattress topper (3 inches) and 2 inches of latex soft and medium to test them both out.

I was about to order springs but then I saw Arizona and Latex mattress factory do not offer returns on those. Can I just buy a spring mattress like Linenspa Explorer 6" Firm Tight Top Innerspring Mattress, King - Walmart.com
this and call it a day?[/quote]

Any mattress is unique to the sleepers using it, based on their stats(height, BMI, Sleeping position(s) and any underlying health concerns) and their PPP(posture and alignment, pressure relief and personal preferences). You may want to take a look at the
Mattress Shopping Guide as well as the Mattress Specifications You Need To Know and the Mattress Durability Guidelines to become more familiar
With what to look for while shopping, the different materials and components in mattresses, and how long certain materials will last.

The Linenspa explorer is made with a polyester cover with comfort foam of unknown density and thickness, gel foam of unknown density and thickness, and stainless steel springs. Innersprings support the structure of the bed and should not have much effect on comfort; some consumers love them and others avoid at all costs. While the linenpa is very inexpensive, the lack of transparency regarding its composition and materials raises red flags for me, personally, but I would suggest that if you have tried out an innerspring mattress and like the feel, it should be fine as a ‘base’ for the topper(s) you are thinking of. It is, however, possible this mattress will not last long as the foams may wear prematurely leaving ‘wear’ spots that may feel uncomfortable depending on the person using it; This mattress looks to be for a bunk bed, trundle bed, or childs bed, so if that’s what it will be used for, you may be fine with it.

I talked to Ken at Arizona Premium, and he said, as most custom mattress manufacturers, they accept exchanges for 60 days on innersprings – this is due to the difficulty in vacuum packing, and using specific packaging materials to ship them back to the manufacturer, which is usually a 2 person job as well. He would much rather not sell a product to a customer than have the customer disappointed, and the same is true of Latex Mattress Factory; while companies like Walmart, due to their volume and stores virtually everywhere, are better equipped to handle returns. the Trusted Membersof the site are transparent in the construction and materials used in their components and offer great customer service, if you are still debating the Linenspa, you may want to take a look at other options before you purchase.

I hope this helps,

~ Basilio