Does anyone have any information about this Beautyrest model?

Does anyone have any information about the Beautyrest Black Infatuation Collection Devon Extra Firm mattress? I need to get a king-sized mattress very quickly and can buy this one lightly used on Facebook Marketplace. I went to see it. It’s clean, no sags, and it’s very firm, which is what I need. But it also has a little of that spongy hybrid feel. While this particular mattress feels good, I know from past experience that hybrids mess with my back over time. I just couldn’t tell if this is a conventional innerspring with a little extra cushioning on top, or a hybrid. The current owners have no idea. So I’d like to know something about its construction, but I don’t find this particular Beautyrest Black model anywhere, not even at the Beautyrest website. I’ve emailed Simmons Beautyrest, but don’t expect a response any time soon. I kind of wonder if this is a version of another model that was labeled differently to sell at a particular store.

I know Beautyrest on the whole isn’t recommended here, but I need a mattress I can sleep on for a week here and a month there, maybe six times a year, not something that needs to withstand daily use. And I can get this fairly cheaply. Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Nii,

Discovering a comfortable mattress can be quite a challenge. It seems you have some insights into the mattress styles that have proven successful or unsuccessful for you in the past.

Regarding the BR Black you’re inquiring about, I don’t have specific knowledge, but it’s worth noting that BR typically manufactures a core set of BR Black mattresses, often custom-labeled for specific retailers and boutique stores. Sometimes, modifications are made for individual resellers, making it challenging to compare models and pricing directly.

Check out this video providing insights into a BR mattress that didn’t meet expectations: Inside the BeautyRest Black.

Considering this mattress will only be used occasionally, it might be more budget-conscious than focused on long-term quality and durability. It would be helpful to know your budget range. Exploring options from Trusted Members on TMU or other market offerings tailored to your Personal Preferences, Posture and Alignment, and Pressure Relief based on your size and weight could lead to finding a higher-quality mattress.

While some people can sleep on anything, it’s worth considering a quality mattress that suits your needs, irrespective of how frequently you plan to use it.

You certainly do not want to find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, albeit as a result of a great price. Which reminds me of a quote I often use, “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten.” Something you should consider carefully before you jump into a hasty decision.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Maverick

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Maverick. Did some more digging and turns out this Beautyrest Black is more commonly known as the “Lexi” (labeled differently for Macy’s), and hasn’t been made for several years. It’s a foam-encased innerspring mattress. No extra edge support, which was something I thought all BB mattresses had. The seller let then me know she purchased the mattress in 2011, so I decided against it. Given its construction and the strange, spongy feel of the foam, I can’t imagine it has more than a few months’ life left in it.

1 Like

Hi Nii,
Good for you. Glad you dug in and did some additional research. You just saved yourself a potential world of heartache. Now you have the tools to continue the search and find something that meets and will satisfy all your needs.
Maverick