Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi JTP,

Thanks for the kind words ā€¦ and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

I live in tn. 37075. Any good retailers that you recommend in our area?

Hi kpreyer129,

The better options and possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the Nashville area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #7 here.

Phoenix

Have lurked on this site for a long time, and Iā€™ve finally decided on a T&N mattress. Super excited to order that and finally have some decent sleep.

Thanks for all you do! :slight_smile:

Having a difficult time deciding between the Leesa, Casper, T&N, and Dreamfoam. Planning to just order the King T&N now since the price point is best and if I like it, great. If not, I can always return it and step my pricepoint up to the Leesa or Casper. I was reading that the Leesa provides better edge support (for sitting on the edge) than the Casper. Has anyone else noticed that? How does the T&N handle sitting on the edge?

Hi PakNakal,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own so it wouldnā€™t get mixed in with posts from other members in a more general topic.

There is more about some of the newer ā€œbreedā€ of ā€œone choice fits allā€ mattresses in post #3 here and a forum search on Leesa and on Casper and on Tuft Needle (you can just click the links) will bring up much more information and feedback about them.

There is also more about the 3 most important parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

I would keep in mind that price alone is just one of the parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress although the Tuft & Needle certainly uses high quality materials and there are no ā€œweak linksā€ in their design in terms of durability.

Leesa, Casper, and Tuft & Needle donā€™t have designs that have additional edge support but in most cases edge support isnā€™t necessary in a foam mattress (see post #33 here). Outside of designs that have specific edge support ā€¦ the firmness of the support core and the thickness/softness of the comfort layers can both make a difference in how a mattress supports you when you sit on the edge of the mattress and with ā€œroll togetherā€ when two people sleep in the middle of the mattress. Firmer mattresses will tend to have firmer edges as well.

I doubt that most of the forum members have specifically tried more than one of these mattresses and compared their edge support so you may need to use your own personal experience to decide whether the edge support of any of them is ā€œgood enoughā€ for you. Of course if any of the members have personal experience with more than one of them then hopefully they will see your post and share their comments about how the edge support compares in the mattresses they have tried.

Dreamfoam is in a completely different category than any of the ā€œone choice fits allā€ mattresses. They are a manufacturer with their own factory that actually makes their own mattresses and sells ā€œfactory directā€ rather than a reseller so they have one less ā€œlayerā€ or ā€œmiddle manā€ in their production chain which can sometimes lead to lower prices relative to the type and quality of the materials in a mattress. They also offer a very wide range of lower budget mattresses including latex/polyfoam hybrids, memory foam mattresses, polyfoam mattresses, and innerspring mattresses rather than only having a single choice so their mattresses will cater to a much wider range of customers. They also offer a range of firmness choices when you make a purchase and some of their mattresses are also component mattresses that allow you to change the firmness of your mattress after a purchase as well by exchanging a layer for a different firmness level if the initial choice you make doesnā€™t turn out as well as you hoped for.

How they compare with any of the ā€œone choice fits allā€ types of mattresses would depend on the specifics of the mattresses you are comparing and the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi ezzielu,

Welcome and Iā€™m glad the site could help you.

Most importantly ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thanks for all of the information. I went ahead and ordered the T&N mattress. I feel like it will offer the firmness we desire and fits the budget nicely. No sense in spending an extra $200 for a Casper if we end up liking the T&N (Iā€™m sure the Casper is great too).

Based on the reviews and everyoneā€™s comments, I felt that it would be like comparing Ferrari with a Lamborghini. Both are equally great, but one might be slightly cheaper so why pay more if they both fit our needs.

Thanks!

Hi PakNakal,

If the Tuft & Needle is a good ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) then I would certainly agree with your comments and with their return policy there is little risk in trying it to find out.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Thanks for the helpful information. Looking forward to purchasing a Tuft and Needle bed!

Edit: Can you let me know where I can enter in that I"m a member of Mattress Underground to receive the membership discount for Tuft and Needle?

Hi ecshin,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You just need to call or email them to let them know you are a member here and they will credit the same card used to make the purchase within a few days.

Phoenix

Thank you for this unbiased informative site, Canā€™t wait to select my new mattress with extra discount or bonus!

Hi humptydumpty,

Welcome to the site ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :).

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments or questionis you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thanks for all of the information (SO much info). Iā€™m trying to absorb and assimilate it as best I can in order to make a good purchase. My wife and I have decided to buy a his side/her side all latex mattress from one of your member companies. We live in rural Alabama with no custom latex retailers close by, so we visited a Savvy Rest dealer in Atlanta. Got our feet wet, so to speak, and now are reading and re-reading your material preparing to take the plunge. Thanks again!

Hi jharvey,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

There is a lot of information here that can certainly take some time to go through and ā€œassimilateā€ but itā€™s certainly worth it because you will be sleeping on a good quality mattress for many years. Latex is certainly a very high quality and durable material for those who like how it feels and performs and it sounds like you are leaning in a good direction if you have tested a Savvy Rest and are talking to one of the members here that sells a similar component mattress.

Iā€™m not sure where you are in Alabama but just in case you havenā€™t seen it yet and are looking for any additional somewhat ā€œlocalā€ options then the better options and possibilities Iā€™m aware of in the Atlanta area are listed in post #2 here and the list for the Birmingham, AL area is in post #57 here just in case itā€™s also in reasonable driving distance.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

As many others have commented, I have benefited greatly from reading your website! I have been searching for greener options for a new mattress for myself and a guest room. Thank you for taking the time to respond to each question and concern posted here so thoroughly and honestly. I hope to let you all know my decisions soon!

Hi ja1102,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Thanks!

Hi tbrookej,

Welcome ā€¦ and youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

Phoenix

After reading all the materials on the mattresses I decided to purchase the Ultimate Dreams Mattress from dreamfoambedding.com. Chuck was efficient in helping me order my mattress. He also graciously setting me up with the free pillow offer for being a member of this forumā€¦ Canā€™t wait to try out new mattress and pillow.

This site is most helpful in helping me decide on a mattress to buy.