Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Thanks again - purchased the Tuft & Needle and it should arrive next week.

Hi williamng22,

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase as well :slight_smile:

I also hope that you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Shopping for a latex mattress is daunting, but your site has made it soo much easier! Thanks!

Hi c2000,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Hi,

Iā€™m so glad I found this site, which was recommended by R+S Mattress in the Phoenix, AZ area. This shop carries Brooklyn Bedding and the fellow there educated us about latex mattresses, which we knew almost nothing about prior to that. We also tried Arizona Premium Mattress which essentially will build you a custom mattress. Both brands are locally made and would satisfy my desire to get a good queen mattress set but not have to spend $3000. They seem to both be good quality but we are leaning towards the AZ Premium as their products are just encased in a zippered pouch which would make ā€œrepairsā€ or other changes very possible if needed. The big deal is they can customize each half of the bed. They also are all natural (wool and bamboo based enclosure so no fire retardant needed). R+S store is much closer and they can also do some left-right customization. We have found styles/combos with both brands that would meet our comfort (PPP etc) needs. Wife and I plan to digest all the info and make a decision in the next couple of days. Thanks for the help with all the good info here.

Hi mjmackowski,

Welcome to the site :slight_smile:

As you already know you are certainly looking at some great quality/value choices!

There is more about the most important parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses and may also be helpful in deciding between them.

Phoenix

HI there,

Iā€™m new here, ready to buy a new bed. I havenā€™t gone into much details on this site yet, but so far, Iā€™m looking at the Brooklyn Bedding. However, I find it confusing, on their website, it shows only a latex bed made of two pieces of latex. Thereā€™s no option for any other type of bed. However on amazon, it shows that they have gel memory foam, and a latex bed, but this latex one has polyfoam, then 3" of latex, then polyfoam again. Iā€™ll figure it out eventually. Thank you very much for the informative site!

Hi Cyko,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!.

Brooklyn Bedding used to carry a range of latex, latex hybrid, and memory foam mattresses on their site (you can see what they used to carry on the wayback machine here) but they have been working on a new mattress for some time now that is designed to compete with the new ā€œbreedā€ of ā€œone mattress fits allā€ mattresses (or what I call "simplified choice mattresses) which they have recently launched (see posts #1 and #2 in this topic) and their new mattress has replaced the mattresses that they listed on their site previously (see posts #6 - #10 here). Their previous mattresses are still available with the same warranty and exchange/return policies as they used to have but you would need to request and order them directly on the phone. NOTE ADDED: I donā€™t believe they still make their previous models any longer but you would need to call and confirm this.

Their sister company Dreamfoam Bedding still makes a wide range of latex, latex hybrid, memory foam, polyfoam, and innerspring mattresses that are sold on Amazon here (including some of the mattresses that were previously available from their Brooklyn Bedding site) and are also available directly through the Dreamfoam site as well with an additional 10% discount and a 45 day comfort guarantee.

Hopefully that will help you ā€œfigure things outā€ a little more easily :slight_smile:

Phoenix

So glad I came across this site. I would have never even heard of the Tuft & Needle brand before hand. And now it looks like it will be the mattress I will be purchasing. Thank you for this site and all the information on it.

Hi richo523,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad the site could help you.

Youā€™re certainly leaning in a good direction and assuming that you decide to pull the trigger ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you so much - this site has been so informative when researching the numerous options!

Hi LindsayTaylor,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Great site! Mattress education deluxe.

Hi RobT,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well and that you are finding the information here is useful to you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Found this site to be I formative and educational. I love that parklane mattresses are one of the retailers mentioned as I work just down the road from them. I bought a cheaper, but decent, mattress for the guest bedroom from them a couple years ago, but didnā€™t know much at the time. We will see how things are this time around now that I am in the market for my own bed. Thank you mattress underground for merely existing!

Hi messypanda,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind comments and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and any questions or comments you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Hey. I popped by one of the Parklane showrooms on my lunch break and took a look at some of the models. I inquired as to what the bonus would be for purchasing the Overton and they said that they didnā€™t give discounts or any bonuses. She remembered that they used to, but not anymore. I told the lady about Scott, and she said he doesnā€™t work there anymore.

You might want to look into this.

Hi messypanda,

Thanks for the heads up ā€¦ I appreciate it :slight_smile:

I called and talked with Alonda at Parklane who replaced Scott and she told me that they have made some changes in the company and are no longer offering the bonus that they used to provide to the members of TMU and a few other organizations. She also wasnā€™t aware of all the specifics of the TMU membership and what it involved and asked me to send her all the specifics about how the membership works so she can familiarize herself with the requirements and in turn will talk with the owner about whether to continue their membership here.

In the meantime since they didnā€™t notify me of any changes and they are listed on the site so there would certainly be a reasonable ā€œexpectationā€ that the members here would receive a bonus ā€¦ she also told me that until the decision is made about continuing their membership here that if you purchase a mattress there and tell the sales associate you are dealing with to call her directly she will let them know that they will honor the bonus that they used to offer.

While this doesnā€™t change the quality/value of their mattresses since they are the same ā€¦ it does of course make a small difference in the overall ā€œvalueā€ of a purchase there.

I appreciate that you brought this to my attention.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix!
Weā€™ve found your site as a result of some googling and then tried some Toronto links.
The place we liked the most is Dormio Organic Beds. Lance from Toronto Showroom is extremely friendly and educated, it was a great pleasure dealing with him. Weā€™ve purchased two mattresses, canā€™t wait for a delivery date.
And forumā€™s discount worked too! :wink:

Hi Vlad353,

As you know I think highly of Dormio and itā€™s great to see that your experience there was as good as the other forum members that have purchased from them as well.

You certainly made a high quality choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive them and have had the chance to sleep on them for a bit.

Phoenix