Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hello all, new member here as well. I certainly appreciate the wealth of knowledge and experiences shared here; they have aided in my mattress quest immensely! :slight_smile:

I will make a more detailed account of my experience when I have some time, but thanks to this place, I have a new PLB Pamper on the way from Jeff at Mattress to Go. Iā€™m very excited to get rid of the cheapo memory foam one I got 3 or 4 years ago from Overstock, which is currently making it a chore to get out of bed everyday.

Hi impala101,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think very highly of Jeff and you you certainly made a high quality choice.

I hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thank you.

Hi Jimmyted,

Welcome ā€¦ and youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks for the research resource - I stumbled upon your site trying to do research on some of the online-focused vendors and ended up going through quite a few posts. Feedback about the online vendors convinced me to abandon my relatively small local selection. Still slightly torn between #BestMattressEver and UD: Freedom, but it sure seems like either one is a quality product.

Hi bedshopperHRA,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

You are certainly looking at two great quality/value choices. Both of them use high quality materials and neither one has any ā€œweak linksā€ in the design.

Outside of the materials that they use the biggest difference between them is the options you have both before and after a purchase.

The BestMattressEver has three firmness options that you can choose before a purchase but itā€™s a ā€œfinished mattressā€ that canā€™t be fine tuned after a purchase (except by adding a mattress pad or topper) and it has a free 120 day return policy.

The Freedom mattress has three standard layers (generally soft medium and firm but you can request other firmnesses as well) so with the standard layer options you would have 12 different configurations that are possible with the Freedom mattress so most people would be able to find a combination that works well for them but if all else fails and if you ordered it from the Dreamfoam site then they also have a 45 day trial period where you can return it for a $99 fee.

When you are down to finalists that are all choices between ā€œgood and goodā€ (which you are) and none of them have any weak links or lower quality materials in their design (which they donā€™t) and if there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your local testing or mattresses you have slept well on, your more detailed conversations with each of them, your confidence about the suitability of each one, their prices, your preferences, the options you have after a purchase to change the firmness or exchange or return the mattress or individual layers, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on ā€œinformed best judgementā€ based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

New member here, found this through google while looking for mattress information resources. Iā€™m getting a new apartment next month for the fiance and me and need something to sleep on! Iā€™m working my way through the mountain of information here and really appreciate the thoroughness. Will definitely be shopping at a member retailer nearby.

Hi nivanoff,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix et al,

Just registered for the site even though Iā€™ve been a long time lurker. Just wanted to update you on Parklane Mattresses - I decided to drive down to the Vancouver store and I worked with Mark. I ordered the Cornell for the guest room and the Woodstock for the master bedroom.

The Woodstock is their newest all latex mattress - itā€™s firmness level is between the Overton (2 comfort layers of soft 100% Talalay over a medium firm Talalay core) and the Macadam (2 comfort layers of firm 100% Talalay over a medium firm Talalay core)ā€¦ So you guessed it - the Woodstock is 1 comfort layer of firm 100% Talalayand 1 comfort layer of soft 100% Talalay over the medium firm Talalay core. Mark said the floor models of mattresses are switched out around every 1.5 years so the ones I tried out today were at about 60% ā€œbroken inā€. The Woodstock rang my bell! :slight_smile:

Regarding the discount/bonus - when I mentioned having found Parklane via TMU (at the end of the transaction - I decided to buy there whether or not there was a discount/bonus), Mark included a BedGear brand Dri-Tec pillow as the bonus that Iā€™ll get when I pick up the mattress setsā€¦

Thanks, Laura

Hi laurafromtx,

Thanks for taking the time to register and for sharing your experience and letting us know what you ended up deciding.

You certainly made a great quality/value choice that should last you and hopefully continue to ā€œring your bellā€ for many years!

Most importantly ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

The ā€œpillowā€ bonus is the standard bonus that they provide to the members here (for purchases over $799). They did discontinue the other bonuses that they were providing to some organizations but they decided to continue with the bonus for the TMU members because they are very much in alignment with the goals and values of the site which of course was good news.

Phoenix

This sounds so great and the information has been incredibly helpful! Iā€™ve been studying it and other sites for 2 weeks now and have finally narrowed down my choice! Thanks so much for all the research!

EDIT: As an update, I have ordered with DreamFoam Bedding and will receive a free pillow but no discount.

Hi CherieMLee,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!.

I noticed that you registered with your email as your username which can lead to spambots harvesting your email address and adding you to their spam lists. If youā€™d like I can remove the @ and the part after it.

Itā€™s great to hear that the site was able to help you and as you know I think highly of the quality/value of the Dreamfoam mattresses ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also glad that you registered before you made your purchase so that you can receive the pillow bonus that they offer to the members here as well.

It would be great if you let us know which mattress you purchased and I hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback as well once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

New member here, just dropping in a post to make sure I am eligible for any discounts :slight_smile:

Probably going to go with the #BestMateressEver. Seems like a good price for what you are getting. Still looking, so we might go with something else, but it is where we are leaning.

Also, thanks for this site!! It is a great resource.

Hi oldblue,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

As you probably know from your reading here you are certainly looking in a great quality/value direction and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding once you pull the trigger.

Phoenix

This is great! Thanks for setting this site up. I need to replace a mattress after 10 years and I almost purchased a mattress on a whim but decided to try and do some research first. I donā€™t have any idea what Iā€™m going to get but this site plus the discount looks like the place to find out. :slight_smile:

Hi jc6905,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice ā€¦ and more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure youā€™ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesnā€™t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and value.

Once you get to step 3 in the tutorial if you let me know your city or zip code Iā€™d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

Just joined today and made the leap to purchase a bed online for the first time ever (T&N). Also found the discount rate you guys offered. Thank you!!

Hi mkws114,

You certainly made a good quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Been a lurker here for a few months.

A nest bedding Love Bed is expanding in my bedroom right now.

I look forward to adding my subjective experiences to this community soon.

Hi slorolling88,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix