Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Thanks for the words of warning. Iā€™ll watch out for those issues. I did read the poor reviews and am prepared to manufacture new wood slats if needed in my woodshop. If the metal joints arenā€™t good, I can Tig weld them stronger. If it is still awful, Iā€™ll send it back to Amazon and come here for a suggestion for replacement.

Realize that not everybody is willing to work on the base to make it better, they just buy expecting it to work. Thatā€™s valid, but I like to tinker and I may get the chance with the cheap frame :slight_smile:

-Jim

Hi oceanside,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Good Luck!

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have before you pull the trigger as well.

Phoenix

Just found this site and looking forward (kind of) to browsing around and being able to get decent opinions on mattressesā€¦getting a new apartment this week and have been looking around for advice to little success. Glad to see a good resource for reviews and discussion finally. My lack of mattress knowledge and preliminary searching have pushed me towards Tuft and Needle but I feel bad about paying $500 for a slab of foam, so hopefully I find something that makes sense to me.

Hi sAfuRos,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

There is more about Tuft & Needle and many of the other ā€œsimplified choiceā€ mattresses in post #2 here in the simplified choice mattress topic and there is more about the foam they are using in posts #2 and #6 here. The comfort layers are a high performance polyfoam and their support core is conventional polyfoam.

If you are looking at online options then outside of the simplified choice list the mattress shopping tutorial also includes several links to lists of many of the better online options Iā€™m aware of (in the optional online step) that include many different types and categories of mattresses in a wide range of budgets and firmness levels that would also be well worth considering.

If you let me know your city or zip code Iā€™d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in your area as well.

Phoenix

Hey Phoenix,

Youā€™re unreasonably helpful haha. Iā€™ve been browsing around today and learned a lot from your posts. As for my location, iā€™m in DC, so if you know any places that have good mattresses (or any of the online ones like T&N, Kiss, etc) to try in person, thatā€™d be amazing.

Hi sAfuRos,

The better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the Washington, DC area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

I donā€™t know of any online choices that are available locally in the DC area.

Phoenix

I am looking for the bed in this attachment. Does anyone recognize it?
I am new to this. The preview isnā€™t working. I hope my picture shows up ok.
sorry wrong pic.

Hi rubyred,

There is some information about posting attachments in the forum in the help section here. You may need to reduce the image if itā€™s more than 800 x 800 pixels (which is the maximum image size that the forum allows).

Phoenix

Well, my initial fear of it taking 2-3 weeks for the mattress to arrive is no longer an issue. I ordered on Sunday and Addable shipped on Wednesday. FedEx says it will arrive on Friday so less than a week from ordering to delivery for me, very reasonable.

-Jim

Hi kingjamez,

Thanks for the update.

I guess thatā€™s what you could call ā€œunder promising and over deliveringā€ which is certainly better than the other way around :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Iā€™m very glad I found this great forum! Lots of info.

Hi AndreiZ,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well.

Iā€™m also looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

HI there Phoenix I hope this is OK to ask on here., I own Tucked in Organics and I am using this forum would like to get on this list and provide your members on here with 5% off or some other sort of deal that you recommend. Maybe $100 off any adult mattress? How do I go about doing that? Again, I hope itā€™s OK for me to be on here asking this!

Emily A.

Hi EmilyAborn30,

You can see my reply to a similar question in post #2 here.

If you can send me an email to the contact email address listed in the link at the top right of the page Iā€™d be happy to talk with you as soon as I have some time available.

Phoenix

Fabulous! I emailed :slight_smile: THANK YOU!

Hi,
Just wanted to thank you for this site, It saved me $133 dollars on my new sleep ez 1300 latex mattress that I just bought last night. I didnā€™t think they would take anymore off because they already had an ongoing sale but I asked about the underground mattress discount and they said no problem. I love saving money :slight_smile:

Thanks
Chjris

Hi chdier,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you ended up deciding ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I am needing to replace an 8 year old Bemco memory foam mattress that weā€™re pretty sure is trying to kill us. Itā€™s broken down so much that my husband thinks he might actually be able to feel a bar from the box spring on his hip when heā€™s lying on his side (unfortunately, heā€™s a side sleeper, as am I.) Weā€™ve wanted to get a more natural mattress that doesnā€™t off-gas for awhile but werenā€™t sure where to start the searchā€¦we live in east central Illinois where there arenā€™t exactly a plethora of natural mattress options. Thank goodness I found this site last week to help me navigate the often murky waters of the mattress world! Based on what weā€™ve learned here, weā€™ve narrowed down the search to either all latex or a latex/innerspring hybrid (like the Natural Escape from My Green Mattress.) The hubs is taking me and the kids road-trippinā€™ it 2 1/2 hours north to visit Quality Sleep Shop in La Grange tomorrow to lie on some beds and speak to the experts thereā€¦I know, we really know how to live it up on spring break!

Thank you so much for all the info youā€™ve provided on this siteā€¦itā€™s really saved my sanity! Wish me luck.

Hi MrsMoody,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us.

Just for reference ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the Champaign/Springfield/Peoria areas (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here but I think a trip to Quality Sleep would certainly be well worthwhile if you donā€™t mind the drive.

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
We made the trek to Quality Sleep Shop yesterday, and it was totally worth the trip (not that we really minded the drive anywayā€¦gave us an excuse to visit friends who live not too far awayā€¦and, of course, Ikea :cheer: ). Tim was super helpful but not in any way pushy. We were most interested in trying out the Natural Escape & Simple Sleep and were very impressed with both of them. The only Simple Sleep he had when we got there was the 7", but he said he was planning to bring in a 10" to replace another mattress (maybe the Organic Dreams?) on the showroom floor soon and, luckily for us, the freshly made 10" showed up while we were there so our kids got to watch them unroll it, which was coolā€¦and we got to be the first people to try it out. And I must say, it was perfect! We didnā€™t place an order right then because I tend to hesitate on big purchases like this, but by the end of the day, we were kicking ourselves for not going ahead and ordering one. I called this morning before they opened and left a message for Tim to call me back, but afterward I realized it was the Saturday of Easter weekend so there was a good chance he wouldnā€™t be in today, so I wasnā€™t surprised when I didnā€™t get a call back. I donā€™t want to be a stalker or anything, but Iā€™ll probably call first thing Monday morning. :wink:

Thank you again!