Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi EmilyAborn30,

You can see my reply to a similar question in post #2 here.

If you can send me an email to the contact email address listed in the link at the top right of the page Iā€™d be happy to talk with you as soon as I have some time available.

Phoenix

Fabulous! I emailed :slight_smile: THANK YOU!

Hi,
Just wanted to thank you for this site, It saved me $133 dollars on my new sleep ez 1300 latex mattress that I just bought last night. I didnā€™t think they would take anymore off because they already had an ongoing sale but I asked about the underground mattress discount and they said no problem. I love saving money :slight_smile:

Thanks
Chjris

Hi chdier,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you ended up deciding ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I am needing to replace an 8 year old Bemco memory foam mattress that weā€™re pretty sure is trying to kill us. Itā€™s broken down so much that my husband thinks he might actually be able to feel a bar from the box spring on his hip when heā€™s lying on his side (unfortunately, heā€™s a side sleeper, as am I.) Weā€™ve wanted to get a more natural mattress that doesnā€™t off-gas for awhile but werenā€™t sure where to start the searchā€¦we live in east central Illinois where there arenā€™t exactly a plethora of natural mattress options. Thank goodness I found this site last week to help me navigate the often murky waters of the mattress world! Based on what weā€™ve learned here, weā€™ve narrowed down the search to either all latex or a latex/innerspring hybrid (like the Natural Escape from My Green Mattress.) The hubs is taking me and the kids road-trippinā€™ it 2 1/2 hours north to visit Quality Sleep Shop in La Grange tomorrow to lie on some beds and speak to the experts thereā€¦I know, we really know how to live it up on spring break!

Thank you so much for all the info youā€™ve provided on this siteā€¦itā€™s really saved my sanity! Wish me luck.

Hi MrsMoody,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us.

Just for reference ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the Champaign/Springfield/Peoria areas (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here but I think a trip to Quality Sleep would certainly be well worthwhile if you donā€™t mind the drive.

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
We made the trek to Quality Sleep Shop yesterday, and it was totally worth the trip (not that we really minded the drive anywayā€¦gave us an excuse to visit friends who live not too far awayā€¦and, of course, Ikea :cheer: ). Tim was super helpful but not in any way pushy. We were most interested in trying out the Natural Escape & Simple Sleep and were very impressed with both of them. The only Simple Sleep he had when we got there was the 7", but he said he was planning to bring in a 10" to replace another mattress (maybe the Organic Dreams?) on the showroom floor soon and, luckily for us, the freshly made 10" showed up while we were there so our kids got to watch them unroll it, which was coolā€¦and we got to be the first people to try it out. And I must say, it was perfect! We didnā€™t place an order right then because I tend to hesitate on big purchases like this, but by the end of the day, we were kicking ourselves for not going ahead and ordering one. I called this morning before they opened and left a message for Tim to call me back, but afterward I realized it was the Saturday of Easter weekend so there was a good chance he wouldnā€™t be in today, so I wasnā€™t surprised when I didnā€™t get a call back. I donā€™t want to be a stalker or anything, but Iā€™ll probably call first thing Monday morning. :wink:

Thank you again!

Hi MrsMoody,

I switched your posts into a new topic of its own.

Thanks for the update and for sharing your experiences with Quality Sleep Shop.

Your experiences are very similar to many other members here that have visited them and have also been impressed by their knowledge and service ā€¦ and lack of any pressure.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding once you pull the trigger (although it sounds like you are leaning towards the Simple Sleep).

Phoenix

Hi there,

Just wanted to report that I ordered the 10" Simple Sleep this morning, as well as a couple of the shredded latex pillows that we really liked when we were up there last Friday. I also ordered one of his mattress protectors, which was very reasonably priced (as were the pillows.) Iā€™m hoping weā€™ll get everything by the end of the week. Meanwhile, my husband is hard at work preparing to build us a platform bed, since the frame and foundation from our old mattress are of questionable quality so we donā€™t want to use them with our new mattress. Weā€™re very much looking forward to sleeping on a comfortable, supportive mattress for the first time in years! :woohoo:

Hi MrsMoody,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thank you for your advice! We are ordering the dreamfoam ultimate dreams gel 13". Iā€™m hoping for some pain relief! Iā€™ll report back after we receive it.

Hi Chubb12,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it as well.

Phoenix

Thank you for your siteā€™s ongoing efforts to make navigating the labyrinthine world of mattress shopping a little easier. Your approval of Dreamfoam Bedding gave them the final edge over several similarly-priced (and higher-priced) competitors, I will be giving their 10" Cooling Gel Mattress a try.

Hi GyhtomiT,

Congratulations on your new Arctic Dreams mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you also made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

I see in Viet Nam have a mattress call is nį»‡m bĆ“ng Ć©p hĆ n quį»‘c. who do know it?

I just ordered the dreamfoam latex mattress and I canā€™t wait to get it. I couldnā€™t afford an all latex mattress or an organic one but dreamfoam was a great compromise.

1. great price
  2. made in america
  3. no chemical sprays
  4. certified safe foam and natural latex

andā€¦Chuck was a ton of help!

Hi tamtam007,

I switched your post into your original topic.

Thanks for letting us know which mattress you purchased :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks for all the helpful info on the site.

Hi luker,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :).

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course to any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Hello Phoenix et al,

Iā€™m so eager to replace my 10+ yr old Tempur-Pedic mattress, and look forward to experiencing the comfort of a latex mattress. I will likely order online, and seek a king size latex mattress in the $2k ballpark. I am 6ā€™1" and 220lbs, tend to prefer medium firm mattresses, and live near Lexington, KY (40383). I very much hope to find a mattress that will remain cool, as Iā€™m quite the hot sleeper. Any and all advice most welcome!

Thanks!!
Jay