Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi MileZombie.

You are very welcome! We are glad to be of assistance!
Congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :slight_smile:

Phoenix

WOW, a hell lot of mattress lovers here. awesome insights

Hi, new member here. Just wanted to thank you and everyone on this forum for all the invaluable information available on this site. Iā€™ve been reading this forum for a while now, and the information provided has been so helpful in my search for a new mattress.

Thanks again!

thanks for all these very helpful information. It definitely helps me during the process of mattress purchasing and makes it even better with the discount.

Hi!

Iā€™m also new here. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago. Iā€™m looking for help. I wish to purchase a latex mattress and unsure about the one to go with. I found some deals and wish to take advantage before they expire. Where did you get help, if I may ask? So many threads here, so Iā€™m having a hard time finding my way around. Thanks!

Hi ThomasGardner , Wakeupcall & fw2018

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:
Lots of mattress loversā€¦ Some like their sleep! :slight_smile:
Thank you for your words of appreciation for the site. I am glad that the information provided here is useful to you.

@ Daprize

I am afraid that my first recommendation to you is to slow down a bit. Sales come and go and many of them are fake. if you make your purchase based on getting a good deal you are on the fastest route to select something inappropriate. Generally giving in to a sense of urgency because of a sale may do more harm than good as they are more about the illusion of saving money than they are about reality. While itā€™s not possible to make a blanket statement about sales because each retailer or manufacturer can be different, I would keep in mind that the better manufacturers and retailers donā€™t generally ā€œnegotiateā€ (see post #6 here ) or have ā€œfake salesā€ based on the time of year or holidays (see the guidelines here and post #5 here ). While they may occasionally have sales with smaller discounts or sell floor models at a reduced price, I would treat retailers or manufacturers that negotiate their prices or have ā€œmajor holiday salesā€ with huge discounts as a red flag because manufacturers or retailers that sell good quality/value mattresses donā€™t need to negotiate or have ā€œfake salesā€ to create a false sense of urgency and they generally sell good quality/value mattresses every day of the year at prices that are already very reasonable. Some online manufacturers do have ongoing rotating ā€œsalesā€ that change their name but the specifics of the sale tend to be similar.

This being said the best way to help yourself and be helped on our site is listed in Post #1 here.

Best of luck with your mattress search.

Phoenix

Thanks, @ThomasGardner. Iā€™ll check Post #1 now.

This website has been a great resource for deciding on my next mattress. Thank you!

Thanks for providing these resources! I plan on contacting Sleep On Latex about the 5 percent discount.

Hi danghung & Gnomlin

Thanks for the compliments about our site and for your support. I appreciate it!

Most of allā€¦ Congratulations on your new mattress decision! :cheer:

& Gnomlin
To get your discount code you must contact Scott (at) TheMattressUnderground (dot) com and he will email it to you within a few hours from receiving your email.

I am glad you are narrowed down your search and decided on a product from Sleep On Latex. As you already know they are one of the manufacturing Trusted Members of this site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to compete well with ā€œthe bestā€ in the industry. They are very knowledgeable and very skilled in guiding their customers to make the best possible choices out of the many options they have available.

Iā€™m looking forward to any comments or feedback you might have once you finalize your purchase and have a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Hi there! My husband and I are currently looking for a new mattress and appreciate all the great info on this site. Weā€™re in the GTA and considering a Dormio latex after visiting their showroom. It seems their products are always on sale. Has anyone had success using the 5% discount with this retailer? Thx!!

Hi Kjgriffiths.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum!:slight_smile: You are welcome!!

I am glad you asked ā€¦ I just checked with Dormio and they just confirmed that they are adding the 5% TMU discount on top of any current sales for TMU consumer members. Please make sure to mention The Mattress Underground during the checkout process and theyā€™ll take good care of you.

As you already know Dormio is one of the manufacturing Trusted Members of this site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to compete well with ā€œthe bestā€ in the industry. They are very knowledgeable and skilled in guiding their customers to make the best possible choices out of the many options they have available. If you have specific questions about any of their products you can ask Dormio directly as theyā€™ve been recently added to our panel of Expert Members here or ask for any expert advice.

Hope this clarifies things and Iā€™d be interested to learn about what you ended up deciding

Phoenix

For other consumer members that are considering Dormio products in the GTA, Iā€™ll be shortly transferrin your post to their dedicated expert forum.

This website has been so great in finding expert info in buying a mattress. Thanks for all of the help with such a large purchase.

Hi Kjgriffiths,

Dormio is a proud Trusted Member of The Mattress Underground and would definitely apply the 5% discount to any items purchased, whether they are on sale or not on sale, there is no restrictions.
Please donā€™t hesitate to mention at check out, it will be honoured with no questions asked!

Thank you!

Thanks so much for all the information on this site! I came here based on a suggestion I found on Reddit, after I got frustrated with all the clearly biased review sites. Iā€™m so glad I did! The Trusted Member list as well as the threads with suggestions for retailers in my area were incredibly helpful. I was able to visit a Nest showroom and decided on the Luxury Contour. Iā€™m looking forward to using the member discount, especially since I of course fell in love with the most expensive model!

I am deciding on a Sleep On latex mattress - probably the 9" version but Iā€™m interested in people who have tried both the 7" and the 9". Recommendations? I appreciate the 5% discount offer. - Paul

Hi Victoriana,

Welcome to our forum:)!

Thank you for your appreciation. TMU tries to provide as much insight and knowledge so that any consumers can make an informed decision, but of course ā€¦ the proof is in the doing.

As for reviews or other peopleā€™s experiences in general, I am the first one to cheer up consumers who come to their own informed conclusions about the ā€œusefulnessā€ of the review sites and refuse to consider them as any sort of a reliable indicator of appropriateness. I certainly understand your frustration with the many ā€œreviewā€ sites that are in fact ā€œrevenueā€ sites, and itā€™s not limited to any one specific brand. A big part of the underlying problem with these types of marketing systems is that consumers in general put too much trust in mattress reviews in the first place (either positive or negative) in the mistaken belief that they are a good way to assess whether a mattress would be a suitable or a durable choice for them so they end up choosing a mattress for all the wrong reasons based on other peopleā€™s experiences and reviews or on the ā€œdealā€ they think they are getting instead of legitimate ā€œfact-basedā€ research that would be relevant to their own unique needs, preferences, and criteria. Reviews wonā€™t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here ),

I am glad you ā€œfell in loveā€ with a Nest mattress and that it is a good match for you. Please make sure to mention to the sale rep ā€œThe Mattress Undergroundā€ 150 off discount and they will promptly honor it. If you purchase it directly online you can enter the discount code UNDERGROUND150 at checkout. As you already know NestBedding are one of the manufacturing Trusted Members of this site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to compete well with ā€œthe bestā€ in the industry. They are very knowledgeable and very skilled in guiding their customers to make the best possible choices out of the many options they have available.

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Hi pengles/Paul,

Welcome to our forum :slight_smile: !

Your question about thickness is a good one and you can see my thoughts about the effects of thicker layers or a thicker mattress in post #14 here. More individual layers would give you more options to customize the ā€œfeelā€ and performance of the mattress either before or after a purchase which can be a great benefit for some people that need to fine-tune their mattress for best comfort/support. Regardless of how thick or thin a mattress may be, the most important part of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress is how suitable it is ā€œas a wholeā€ for your particular body type, sleeping positions, and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). These are all good questions to ask the SOL themselves over the phone as they will know first hand about those differences based upon the information you provide them and their experience with similar somatotypes and sleeping postures they can best recommend a configuration using their componentry that they think will suit your particular needs.

If you decide to go with either of the Sleep On Latex mattress, make sure to email Scott (at) themattressunderground (dot) com to get your discount code. (He is checking the discount emails about 3 times daily.

Good luck with finding the best product for you and Iā€™d be interested to find out what you decide.

Phoenix

Thank you for this wonderful resource! Iā€™m looking at buying a mattress topper and Iā€™ve been learning so much reading the site and forums.

Hi amandalion.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the kind words, and I am happy that the information here is helpful to you.

Phoenix