Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi Kjgriffiths.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum!:slight_smile: You are welcome!!

I am glad you asked ā€¦ I just checked with Dormio and they just confirmed that they are adding the 5% TMU discount on top of any current sales for TMU consumer members. Please make sure to mention The Mattress Underground during the checkout process and theyā€™ll take good care of you.

As you already know Dormio is one of the manufacturing Trusted Members of this site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to compete well with ā€œthe bestā€ in the industry. They are very knowledgeable and skilled in guiding their customers to make the best possible choices out of the many options they have available. If you have specific questions about any of their products you can ask Dormio directly as theyā€™ve been recently added to our panel of Expert Members here or ask for any expert advice.

Hope this clarifies things and Iā€™d be interested to learn about what you ended up deciding

Phoenix

For other consumer members that are considering Dormio products in the GTA, Iā€™ll be shortly transferrin your post to their dedicated expert forum.

This website has been so great in finding expert info in buying a mattress. Thanks for all of the help with such a large purchase.

Hi Kjgriffiths,

Dormio is a proud Trusted Member of The Mattress Underground and would definitely apply the 5% discount to any items purchased, whether they are on sale or not on sale, there is no restrictions.
Please donā€™t hesitate to mention at check out, it will be honoured with no questions asked!

Thank you!

Thanks so much for all the information on this site! I came here based on a suggestion I found on Reddit, after I got frustrated with all the clearly biased review sites. Iā€™m so glad I did! The Trusted Member list as well as the threads with suggestions for retailers in my area were incredibly helpful. I was able to visit a Nest showroom and decided on the Luxury Contour. Iā€™m looking forward to using the member discount, especially since I of course fell in love with the most expensive model!

I am deciding on a Sleep On latex mattress - probably the 9" version but Iā€™m interested in people who have tried both the 7" and the 9". Recommendations? I appreciate the 5% discount offer. - Paul

Hi Victoriana,

Welcome to our forum:)!

Thank you for your appreciation. TMU tries to provide as much insight and knowledge so that any consumers can make an informed decision, but of course ā€¦ the proof is in the doing.

As for reviews or other peopleā€™s experiences in general, I am the first one to cheer up consumers who come to their own informed conclusions about the ā€œusefulnessā€ of the review sites and refuse to consider them as any sort of a reliable indicator of appropriateness. I certainly understand your frustration with the many ā€œreviewā€ sites that are in fact ā€œrevenueā€ sites, and itā€™s not limited to any one specific brand. A big part of the underlying problem with these types of marketing systems is that consumers in general put too much trust in mattress reviews in the first place (either positive or negative) in the mistaken belief that they are a good way to assess whether a mattress would be a suitable or a durable choice for them so they end up choosing a mattress for all the wrong reasons based on other peopleā€™s experiences and reviews or on the ā€œdealā€ they think they are getting instead of legitimate ā€œfact-basedā€ research that would be relevant to their own unique needs, preferences, and criteria. Reviews wonā€™t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here ),

I am glad you ā€œfell in loveā€ with a Nest mattress and that it is a good match for you. Please make sure to mention to the sale rep ā€œThe Mattress Undergroundā€ 150 off discount and they will promptly honor it. If you purchase it directly online you can enter the discount code UNDERGROUND150 at checkout. As you already know NestBedding are one of the manufacturing Trusted Members of this site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to compete well with ā€œthe bestā€ in the industry. They are very knowledgeable and very skilled in guiding their customers to make the best possible choices out of the many options they have available.

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Hi pengles/Paul,

Welcome to our forum :slight_smile: !

Your question about thickness is a good one and you can see my thoughts about the effects of thicker layers or a thicker mattress in post #14 here. More individual layers would give you more options to customize the ā€œfeelā€ and performance of the mattress either before or after a purchase which can be a great benefit for some people that need to fine-tune their mattress for best comfort/support. Regardless of how thick or thin a mattress may be, the most important part of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress is how suitable it is ā€œas a wholeā€ for your particular body type, sleeping positions, and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). These are all good questions to ask the SOL themselves over the phone as they will know first hand about those differences based upon the information you provide them and their experience with similar somatotypes and sleeping postures they can best recommend a configuration using their componentry that they think will suit your particular needs.

If you decide to go with either of the Sleep On Latex mattress, make sure to email Scott (at) themattressunderground (dot) com to get your discount code. (He is checking the discount emails about 3 times daily.

Good luck with finding the best product for you and Iā€™d be interested to find out what you decide.

Phoenix

Thank you for this wonderful resource! Iā€™m looking at buying a mattress topper and Iā€™ve been learning so much reading the site and forums.

Hi amandalion.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the kind words, and I am happy that the information here is helpful to you.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

I just wanted to share my sincerest appreciation for your website and all the work you do. When I first started the mattress-shopping process back in April/May, I was a completely overwhelmed, clueless, confused mess. My general reaction to this feeling is to educate myself, but for a while my research attempts just went nowhere. I just didnā€™t find anything online that helped me in the least, and was growing worried that I would remain a completely overwhelmed, clueless, confused mess and would likely be making an ā€œeenie-meenie-mynie-moeā€ pick in the dark, and that filled me with anxiety. But having found your website and slowly reading the abundance of high-quality information that I feel I can trust, I am now coming close to the end of my mattress buying journey, with a very good understanding of what Iā€™m doing. I will confidently be making a decision in the coming days, thanks to you, and believe you me, that is not nothing (so confident at this point that I almost wish I could share what Iā€™ve learned with othersā€“even have a 22-page document I made to prove it!). Truly, you stand as a beacon of light for us wayfarers lost in the dark in wild waters, guiding our way to shore.

Iā€™m truly thankful for the incredible work you and your late husband have done and feel a debt of gratitude. I measure success by the amount of good a person does in the world, and Iā€™d say youā€™re extraordinarily successful. I wish you the very best!

Just wanted to thank you for the many resources you make available to us. Wonderful service. Iā€™ll be looking up manufacturers in the Toronto and perhaps London or Kitchener / Cambridge Ontario areas as my confidence grows. Cheers

Hi Up and other ā€œwayfarersā€

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! ā€¦ or rather after the research youā€™ve been doingā€¦ Welcome to your first posting on our forum :lol: ā€¦ and please feel free to share with others your mattress searching journey and what you found that worked for you and make our forum a more valuable resource.

You made my day (and night) ā€¦ I actually read your post last night and fell asleep with a smile. There is nothing more rewarding than to ā€œhearā€ such heartfelt words of appreciation for the work we do. TMU has been a labor of love from its inception and was started with the greater good in mind ā€¦ as far as I can see our numbers are growing. You are not alone in your quest for clarityā€¦ this is how this site started and most of the things weā€™ve learned over time (and still do) come from literally thousands of hours of conversation with people in the industry (many of whom have an incredible level of expertise and have made mattresses for generations) and many more thousands of hours or research. I am glad that after perusing our site you left the anxiety and overwhelm behind and that you now feel confident in going about purchasing your next mattress.

It seems that youā€™re one of those ā€œRara Avisā€ who makes their own ā€œGood luckā€ :slight_smile:

Phoenix

@ More

[indent]Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile: ā€¦ and thanks for your kind words.

Iā€™m looking forward to the results of your testing and research in the greater Toronto area. We are always on the lookout for reliable and transparent manufacturers ā€¦ but make sure to check out our Canadian Trusted Members here.

Phoenix [/indent]

New to the site I would like to show my appreciation of what you do. Am sure it takes a lot of time and patience to keep up with everything. Thank you very much for that. For me as for so many others it is a reliable starting point to educate myself so I am prepared to deal with the mattress world.
Much appreciated,
Bert

Thank you. Still reading and learning

Hi Bert and Mike407,

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile: and thank you for your kind words.
Best of luck in your search.

Phoenix

Thank you for the effort and help to consumers. The information provided here has helped prevent me from simply going to a generic mattress store. I know my sleep quality will greatly be improved.

Hi tqbrady2.

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you find our site useful and informative.

Phoenix

Thanks for all of the great information. Planning on going to Parklane today to begin our mattress search.

Hi fastestfourier.

I am happy that the information here was helpful to you. ā€¦, Parklane Mattresses is one of the Trusted Members here Debbie is also a very dedicated and assistive Expert member on our panel. I have no doubt that they will not hesitate to help you find the best mattress they have available that works for you.

Iā€™ll be interested to learn about the results of your visit with them (also make sure to mention The Mattress Underground discount. )

Phoenix

Such a vast amount of knowledge and information to read through that will most definitely help when researching for a new mattress. Thank you!