Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

man this forum is super informativeā€¦ thanks to yall i was able to find OKC mattress in Oklahoma City.

Hi yngfarm and dr.cherian,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us!

@dr.cherian,

As you know I think highly of Jim at Oklahoma mattress and they are certainly a great quality/value choice.

Phoenix

Great Site! I learned a lot about latex mattresses and will get a great deal from Arizona Premium Mattress Company, plus saving an additional $63 from member discount!

Hi Antiquary,

Iā€™m glad you found us and you certainly made a great choice!

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We would like to publicly thank you Phoenix for the tremendous amount of information you have made available here on the site. For those who, like my wife and I, have stumbled across it while researching the best way to spend our mattress dollars - you a true God-send.

We are curious about the manufacturer Comfort Pedic Mattress from Rancho Cucamonga, CA. If anyone has had experience with them or can discern whether they are some of the ā€˜good guysā€™ by their website, we would appreciate your input. Their site is www.comfortpedicmattress.com

Wishing you all the bestā€¦

Hi KingRutty,

Thanks for the kind words ā€¦ I appreciate it :slight_smile:

A mattress is only as good as the quality of its construction and the materials inside it and when I talked with Comfortpedic they werenā€™t particularly open about the specifics of the materials inside their mattress. Without knowing this there is really no way to make meaningful quality or value comparisons between mattresses. They are somewhat unusual in this way for a smaller manufacturer who in general are more transparent about the materials they use.

You can see some of my general comments about them in post #2 here and post #7 here (which say much the same thing).

If I went there I would make sure that you are able to find out exactly what is in their mattresses and Iā€™ve included them in various lists in the forum in the hopes that they will be a little more transparent about their mattresses for their customers that actually go there than they were with me on the phone so that you can make a more informed buying decision.

You may have already read this as well but just in case ā€¦ post #1 here has the basic information, and step by step guidelines that can help you make the best choices.

Phoenix

Hi all!

I am so excited that I found this place. I get so OCD over things like this! :slight_smile:

I am heading over to quality sleep in LaGrange.

Duane

Phoenix,

This website has been very informative to me and my family. We no longer ā€œfearā€ the sales pitch dude! We are now well informed customers, making our choice based on sound criteria and information!

Great website, thank you. Also, Carlos at BB is really a wonderful individual!

Thank you,
Blair

Hi Wushu2000 and Blair,

Iā€™m glad you both found us and that the site could help :slight_smile:

Phoenix

After fretting for years (literally) over what mattress to buy next, I am so thankful to have found this website! I have devoted hours to researching what will hopefully be the ideal mattress for myself and my husband. Thanks Phoenix for all the work that has gone in to the site and for the information you continue to provide!

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for all of your hard work involved in keeping this website up. This has been truly helpful in my research and very much appreciated!

Thanks for this site. Iā€™ve decided to buy a mattress from Spindle Mattress.

Hi hoppybunny, June72, and tanners,

Iā€™m glad you all found us and that the site could help.

@tanners

As you know I think highly of Neal and Spindle Mattress and they are a member of this site which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality, value and service. I think you make a great choice.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thanks so much for all of your help on this site. After days of pouring over the forums and lurking in the shadows, I feel like Iā€™ve learned enough to make a great selection on a natural 13000 from SleepEz. Iā€™ve already contacted Shawn and he couldnā€™t have been more helpful. Placing an order tomorrow. Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Hi hluna,

Shawn is great to deal with and is one of the most knowledgeable, patient, and helpful people I know.

I think you made a good choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Thanks for this. Iā€™ve been reading all morning on this site, and will be making a few phone calls on Monday for the last bit of research and to dump some cash on a new bed!

Hi GFB,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you decide.

Phoenix

Hi tanners,

How do you like your new mattress? Or are you still waiting for it to arrive?

When you get a minute, I would love your ā€œreviewā€ and also the specs, of course :slight_smile:

I want to thank Phoenix for all the time given to educate us all on how to make a good mattress purchasing decision!!!
This site is awesome. Iā€™ve been overwhelmed in information, attempting to satisfy mine & my wifeā€™s preferences. I have passed on sales pitches at local stores due to information Iā€™ve learned here and was likely saved from making some poor choices. Yesterday I fell for the 50% sales pitch at a local store and what a joke, after taking the time to drive there, the mattress was still more expensive than the average price found online. I couldnā€™t resist, but I should have listened and not wasted my time. Iā€™ve finally given up on purchasing locally.

Iā€™ve narrowed my choice down to Brooklyn Bedding and plan to call them to finalize my choice.

Still struggling between:
Ipedic Savior
Ipedic Phenom
Cool Supreme

My wife wants to feel enveloped in the mattress and likes soft, but Iā€™m concerned that we would probably sleep better with at least some level of ā€œfirmnessā€. Early on, we thought we decided on the Serta Savant (we havenā€™t tried many Temperpedics due to knowing we cant afford them), but after spending some time on this site, I learned the iComforts are not the best bang for the buck.

Again, thank you very much Phoenix!!!

Headed to LaGrange to check out green mattresses!