Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi! Thank you for this wonderful resource!

I wanted to thank you for all the WONDERFUL information!! It has made finding a new mattress online so much easier!

Phoenix,

This is a great site and very useful resource for mattress shopping. I had no idea how to objectively compare and evaluate memory foam mattresses until I came here.

After doing a bunch of research and taking a couple trips to our local mattress stores, my wife and I have decided to purchase a Select Foam Regalis online. We really liked the feel of the Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody and I understand these models are very similar.

Thanks again for the great information!

Hi MJ13 and txrunner06,

Welcome to both of you!

@txrunner06,

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

You certainly made a good quality/value choice and I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received it.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Again like many others, I just want to thank you for your time and commitment to help us consumers make the best possible decisions for our own personal needs. I truly believe this site is a must read for anyone serious about making as well informed a choice as possible when attempting to navigate the overwhelming market of mattresses. After much research, I am close to pulling the trigger on a CozyPure Pure Performance Perfection mattress but am wondering what your take is on the holistic approach that they take in putting a mattress together. I know youā€™ve stated that each individual has his/her own value equation when making a purchase and PPP obviously canā€™t be ignored. I also know that you think extremely highly of CozyPure as an organic vendor and that their value may not only lie in the raw materials alone but also the attention to detail in putting together a cohesive sleep system. So, in that sense, do you feel like ā€œthey know bestā€ when it comes to general base/comfort layering, ILDs, and what will suit most peopleā€™s needs? If not, do you feel like the lack of customization and personalization could be a drawback/risk in buying a mattress sight unseen? Just wondering if you have an opinion in this regard, as I am at the last step (hopefully) of my journey.

Thanks again, and Iā€™ll look forward to giving updates to help others in the future!

Hi swingy,

They are a ā€œgreenā€ manufacturer that takes their commitment to green and natural/organic manufacturing very seriously and as you know I think very highly of CozyPure and Cheryl.

They also pay a lot of attention to detail to make sure that every part of their mattresses and product fits their overall approach. Their 15 reasons link on their site goes into more detail about some of the specifics of their mattresses that differentiate them from other manufacturers.

Yes ā€¦ if you canā€™t test a mattress in person then I believe that the ā€œnext best wayā€ to choose is more detailed conversations with a knowledgeable and experienced manufacturer or retailer who will have more experience than anyone with matching their mattresses to different body types, sleeping styles, and preferences and who is in the best position to make ā€œbest effortā€ suggestions that have the highest odds of success (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

A lack of options after a purchase to make ā€œfine tuningā€ changes can certainly add to the risk of an online purchase but their mattresses provide customizing options both before and after a purchase so you wouldnā€™t be limited to your original choice so the risk would be lower (see this page on their site along with Cherylā€™s post here).

Of course as you mentioned assessing the benefits offered by each individual manufacturer is a matter of each personā€™s personal value equation and the factors that are most important in a mattress purchase can be different from person to person.

Phoenix

Think Iā€™m heading back to see Carlos at R&S and see about this Brooklyn Bedding once more.

Hi Peacefulkancer,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback after your visit :).

Phoenix

Thanks. Just signed up.

Hi eieiodin,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Phoenix

So grateful for this site. Have spent hours and hours researching latex mattresses with so many options and contradictions, as well as pricing variables. Read about your site in anotherā€™s review and finally have some reliable guidance. The discount is fantastic as well! Thank you!

This was a great website to stumble upon and after about 2 weeks of research Iā€™m ordering my new mattress today. Its been great reading everyoneā€™s suggestions!

Hi Moroca and marmar,

Welcome to both of you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad you found us and that the site was helpful!

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix

Just following up on my mattress search a couple of weekends ago. Not sure if this is where I should post my followup, please move if need be.

After reading up on the Mattress Underground, we decided that we wanted something all natural (latex) and surrounded by as much organic materials as possible (cover, linens etc). Actually, backing up a little bit, prior to researching on MU, over the christmas holidays we actually went to a local Toronto latex mattress shop called Soma and while my wife and I loved their mattresses, the price point of what we liked was a bit high for us.

Anyway, fast forward to a couple of weekends ago, my wife and I decided to visit a store called Dormio. Based on what we saw on their website, and what was written about them on this site, we were looking forward to the visit. We really enjoyed our experience there, no pressure and the salesperson, Steve, was pretty patient with us. I think having a fairly tight budget, yet wanting premium materials definitely makes things trickier, it definitely helps when the staff is patient and knows their product. In any case about a couple of hours later, we found something that fit within our budget and pulled the trigger. The nice thing was we were able to move up to a King size bed from our current Queen size so that was great. It took a week for delivery as they had what we wanted in stock (otherwise he said itā€™d be weeks).

Just a few things weā€™ve noticed after receiving the mattress.

• there is a slight rubbery smell but it appears to be diminishing (or are we just getting used to it?)
  • love the quality of materials
  • my wife is loving the mattress. For me, I canā€™t give a definitive answerā€¦yet. I can instantly feel that itā€™s more supportive than my old 10 yr+ sealy special, but Iā€™m finding itā€™s not the instant cure all that I hoped forā€¦(i was waking up stiff and with back pain with my old mattress). Iā€™m assuming that thereā€™s an adjustment period, that the whole ā€œitā€™s a miracle, my back pain is gone!ā€ thing is more an exception than the rule. On the one hand, I feel my neck (we also got new natural latex pillows) and back loosening up and not as stiff as before. But on the other hand, thereā€™s a certain soreness Iā€™m experiencing in my mid-backā€¦ due to adjusting or re-alignment? I have to say also that this is the area of my mid-back that I am now feeling more support, perhaps itā€™s related since itā€™s changed from before? Itā€™s only been a couple of nights, so weā€™ll see how it goes. The only uncertainty I have about this however was last year, we were vacationing down in California and one night we stayed at a westinā€¦ and man, that coil bed was super comfortable, felt like I got great sleep instantlyā€¦
  • we did order a organic wool mattress topper (found a great deal on a factory 2ndā€™s stateside, sorry dormio) so that should be arriving in a couple of weeks, could change the comfort level signficantly.

All in all, very happy with our purchase and the experience. Like I said, there are so many variables to consider, a bit of information overload at times. Thanks for all the info MU!

Hi Nikels,

I switched your post to a new topic so itā€™s easier to find :slight_smile:

As you probably know, Dormio is one of the members here which means that I think very highly of them and their knowledge and experience and the quality of their mattresses.

This is typical of Dunlop latex and will gradually diminish over time.

The mattress is still very new so there can certainly be some adjustment to any new sleeping surface over the first few weeks so it will be interesting to see how things are for you after youā€™ve slept on it for a longer period of time. It could be that you need some fine tuning but the first step is to always give a new mattress some time but so far it seems like things are a clear improvement from what you were sleeping on previously.

It will also be very interesting to see how the wool topper affects you and there are many people who like the more ā€œrelaxedā€ feeling of sleeping on wool.

In any case ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress and you certainly made a great quality choice :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to any further feedback you have the chance to share as you go through your adjustment period and on how you like your wool topper when you receive it.

Phoenix

Hi, great info on this site! Helped me decide to order a Dreamfoam mattress.

Hi randyfuj,

Iā€™m glad the site could help you.

As you probably know I think you made a great choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received it.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you so much for providing this valuable resource! Iā€™ve been researching latex mattresses for several weeks, and am about to purchase a split king setup with adjustable foundations. The mattresses will be from one of your recommended manufacturers in San Diego - mattressmakers.com. I would probably not have found them otherwise!

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi jsaye (Jeremy),

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and Mattress Makers who was just recently added to the membership list.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

Great site to help sort out the many questions on the options to consider when evaluating a mattress purchase. Well designed and delivered content. Having the extra benefit of promotions - helps to make the vendor decision as well. Thank you.